• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project Volvobat Drift 244

Okay a bit of an update. Nothing much has happened on the car itself other than getting the interior finished in the semester break. Some bodywork is done but has alot more to go before the paint goes on, and I do apologise for not having photos of the car, its not where I am living at the moment. Its the same as those last photos except with bucket seats no dash and an aftermarket steering wheel. I decided just to update some stuff I have bought for it. I cant really remember what I have posted photos of so sorry if some are a double post. The new plan is to get it converted to manual and driving on the road before I put a turbo motor in or put the forgies in the b23. Anyway on with pics

There is more wheels and crap up with the car this is some stuff lying around the house I thought I'd snap a few of. And prices I bought various stuff for.

A mani for the build.
_MG_5181int.jpg

Springs were $80, sleeves $150
_MG_5177int.jpg

Paint :) Polyurethane. Holy boat hull batman
_MG_5173int.jpg

Getrag 262, its only the 4 speed. Going to TRY find an overdrive assembly somewhere but I really doubt I'll find one. Better than paying $700+ for a 5 speed over here.
$50
_MG_5179int.jpg

$200. Hy-35
_MG_5180int.jpg

These are 18x8 et48. Off some kind of imported yank thing, they are drilled to 114.3x5 and 108x5. Not volvo hub but meh they have tapered lug holes. Photo is one how they came and one is after a buff.
$180 for a set
IMG_4396int.jpg

I think I've posted these before.
$72 for the pair
_MG_3895int.jpg

Nice and painted :)
$50
grillint.jpg

Again sorry for the lack of progress, I would have done more if I didnt have 2 jobs and go to uni full time :)

The end.

you do know the stock springs are about 100lb's if that, and if your not using coilovers using some decent shocks (Bilstien HD's) and stiffer springs (160lb fronts even) it handles pretty well.

3 inch Shortener twin tube koni's in the front with the 500lb coils. 300lb springs in the rear with koni monotubes. Because the rears are a standard diameter (5 inch i think) they act physically at a higher rate when comparing it to a coilover spring. If one were to compare front to rear it would be around 500lb f, 400-450lb r. I am getting the same place thats doing the springs to make the front camber plates, but it depends if they come up with a good design, might order some of the bnerangle. I have designed a functioning camber plate setup in CAD that I could always get cut, probably cheaper considering my old boss now owns a waterjet shop :) can cut me stuff for the cost of the material :)

Sleeves are from coleman racing dude, search on here "coilovers kyote style" for the part number. I can get the springs for $90 for ya. A mate saw that 740 wagon with the to4 at sunshine volvo the other day, went down to see scotty for some parts and he was there. Big turbo. **** inside and outside, I think he's decided not to sell it. Good thing I rekon, put a forged motor in and tried to tune the microtech with his mate. Pretty stupid guy to. lolz. hope he isnt on here.

I thought today about +t ing it with the holset lol. I read somewhere about cc'ing heads on hondas to increase flow and drop the comp down to like 8.5-9:1 on original gear. There is a 398 on it that it destined for the bin, maybe I should attack it with a carbide and see where I can drop it. Atleast then I can run 8psi or so for a few hours work.

I am going to get stickers made that say "ballin" in big ye ol' english font. Anyone in?

I will try haha.
As many know modifying even a volvo while at Uni and working is slow. lol

In better news I got another 240 this week, its an 83' champagne in colour, was on ebay, ****ing mint too, cost me $500. All it needs is a waterpump and a fuel pump relay

I will, when it has a better backdrop. Its at my parents house. And the CPR is ferked lol.

I'm bringing it to my place this week and squirting it because I hate kjet.

Back