• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine pull time lapse of my 242-T5

seriously? perhaps i underestimated the power of the ti-89
Haha... even on the TI86 I had back in the days was capable of playing game boy style games and running simulated 3D (wire frame of course). Heck... even the TI82 was pretty good actually.

Haha... even on the TI86 I had back in the days was capable of playing game boy style games and running simulated 3D (wire frame of course). Heck... even the TI82 was pretty good actually.

yea i know you can do that stuff...maybe i just don't understand how it was hooked up to the camera.

yea i know you can do that stuff...maybe i just don't understand how it was hooked up to the camera.

The camera's remote trigger jack uses the same 2.5mm stereo plug that the TIs use for their data cables, so it's connected straight up like that, then a simple little 15 line timer program just pulses the output at a preset interval a certain number of times.

^That is genius! How do you peple figure that stuff out?

Anyways, awesome video, very entertaining.

Is my math off or did you do that in a little over 2.5 hrs?

Totally awesome... I'd love to see something close-up, like a head gasket or timing belt, that might be kind of cool.

So...... your plans for the head...... really big cams??????

^That is genius! How do you peple figure that stuff out?

Anyways, awesome video, very entertaining.

Is my math off or did you do that in a little over 2.5 hrs?

Thanks.

Well, I set the interval to 3 seconds, but it seems that the calculator gets bogged down after a while and it can't really keep pace, so it probably drifted to something like 5 seconds or more between shots by the end. What you see in the video is more like 5 hours of work.

Totally awesome... I'd love to see something close-up, like a head gasket or timing belt, that might be kind of cool.

So...... your plans for the head...... really big cams??????

No, just GLT cams for now. If I get some extra dough I might get them reground though.

that's a ballin' workspace.

what kind of dslr?
I was playing with mine for the first time today, it takes awesome pictures, and I aint even figured it all out yet.

That was cool as hell. I dug the motion blur too.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gives the finger to inatimate objects > 1:55

Last edited:
Back