• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 turbo, Im gonna need some help.

slipmagt

Hi, just picked up an 83 turbo manual and the options around here were pretty slim pickings, pretty much everything around here is an auto. I feel like I got a decent deal but the car had some of the fuel system removed, and put on another car. Most of the parts have been repurchased but they need to be installed. Ive never heard of a k-jet before but I get the general idea.

Can anyone share some pictures of their stock engine bays so I can see where stuff is supposed to go?

LKvtQTOl.jpg

Last edited:
Right click the image in Imgur and click 'copy image address'. Then click the mountain icon in the 'reply to thread' window and paste the URL into the dialogue box. Be sure to resize the image by placing the appropriate letter just before the .jpg in the address.

s = Small Square (90?90)
b = Big Square (160?160)
t = Small Thumbnail (160?160)
m = Medium Thumbnail (320?320)
l = Large Thumbnail (640?640)
h = Huge Thumbnail (1024?1024)

This is large.

LKvtQTOl.jpg

What you've got there is the guts of a NA, not a turbo: the fuel distributor is not for a turbo, it is for NA.

Plus, you say that the engine and intake manifold are NA.

"Case closed," you got hosed!

My old pictures on photobucket are mostly worthless now, but here are a few re-hosted pics of my '85 K-Jet Turbo from when I first bought it. Click on pic for fullsize:

And here's what it looks like now after converting to LH2.4 electronic fuel injection and '93 R134a A/C:

Can you add a picture, or two, of your engine bay?

What you've got there is the guts of a NA, not a turbo: the fuel distributor is not for a turbo, it is for NA.

Plus, you say that the engine and intake manifold are NA.

"Case closed," you got hosed!

There is a turbo kit all installed on the car. The only stuff missing is the fuel system. And maybe the ECU idk.

There is a turbo kit all installed on the car. The only stuff missing is the fuel system. And maybe the ECU idk.

What exactly is a "turbo kit?"

The compression of an NA engine is different from that of a turbo, and if you have a NA intake manifold the turbo's air intake cannot attach to it.

Curious ...

looks like some non turbo k jet stuff and maintenance parts with ipd part stickers on them... also the dual windshield washer pump set up is for a wagon... and you should check the part number on the harness could be a replacement that you can use or flip

What exactly is a "turbo kit?"

Everything looks factory to me, I mean kit in the most general sense.

I was told that fuel distributor was bought from ebay and they were told it was in working condition.

I didnt realize this was going to turn into such a thing otherwise I would have taken and posted this pictures earlier.

zbiKjVil.jpg

UQUMfJnl.jpg

dava6xCl.jpg

9rnh8ljl.jpg

Every image posted is in this gallery if anyone wants to view them larger. https://imgur.com/a/OqKj98m

Looks like you need a plastic turbo air box, the rubber airbox to turbo "cobra", the proper K-Jet fuel distributor and air regulator flap assembly, and a full set of fuel lines. See pictures in this airbox thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=344231

Can you post a picture of the driver's side of the engine underneath the intake manifold? There should be a WUR Warm Up Regulator or CPR Control Pressure Regulator there, as well as an IAC Idle Air Control Valve connected with mid-sized rubber hoses to the intake manifold (assuming your car has the CIS Constant Idle System).

It looks like most of the parts you're missing are the same parts someone would remove when converting to LH fuel injection, so I'm sure they're hidden away in a bunch of garage parts hoards, but may not be cheap nor still working well after long term storage.

Is there a way to identify which intake manifold is which between the b21 and the b23? Since it seems like this car is a mess Ill probably just end up going EFI with megasquirt or something. But Im wondering about the second intake manifold I have.

Edit: It looks like the 21 manifold has a 90* for the throttlebody, and the 23 has more like a 45*? So then both the ones I have are 21's.

Last edited:
Back