• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S60r

Thorpiticus

Well it would seem as if I've finally crossed to the dark side. The very dark side.

I flew down to Orlando on Saturday and picked up my new car- a 2004 S60R! It's a 6MT with about 32k miles on it, Metallic Silver over Nordkap.

My first driving impressions are: "holy crap this thing refuses to lose grip," and "fast as hell, especially when the boost comes on hard in second gear."

I know I have some expensive maintenance to look forward to, but it is so comfortable, fast, and fun that I think it'll be worth it. I am 100 percent in love with this car.

This does mean that my '91 780 has to go, and I'll be updating the for sale thread at some point soon. On to the pics...

DSCN3383.jpg

DSCN3373.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSCN3377.jpg

I love my 04 SR. Being a tech at a dealer helps me with the maintenance. If you take care of things before they really get bad, you're not so bad off.

I picked up a black sapphire on nordikap. Even after 13 hours of driving straigh, I got out and wasn't sore or tired (though my ears hurt from all the loud music the stereo pumps out!

Jordan
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet ride but I don't care how fast they are, I still don't like them. Damn, another Atlanta T-Bricker doing away with there '91 780:wtf:, what is the world coming to?

very nice, but get your hands on oem body kit for it and then fall in love all over again.

Rica softloader is on sale!

Looks brand new. What are the future plans for it? I have no idea what people do with these things. Moar boost?

fmic, tune, turboback, ipd foglight CAI, lowering springs, ipd 25/25 sways. Not too much in the grand scheme, but parts are $$$$.

I love my 04 SR. Being a tech at a dealer helps me with the maintenance. If you take care of things before they really get bad, you're not so bad off.

I picked up a black sapphire on nordikap. Even after 13 hours of driving straigh, I got out and wasn't sore or tired (though my ears hurt from all the loud music the stereo pumps out!

Jordan
Posted via Mobile Device

Quoted for truth...

Nice car man Enjoy!

Should have gotten an 07. You are going to have fun with clutch and slave cylinder issues on that thing. hopefully you got an extended warranty. Good luck. I do like those. Trying to find one for myself.

That's a proper car, and it seems that the store has a proper name as well. :lol: The Volvo store, pretty much tells you right there what line of business they are in.

Any car that is somewhat interesting will be more expensive to maintain than the old bricks, or other boring cars for that matter, are, so i wouldn't worry about that too much. It's just the nature of the game.

Good luck with it, i'm sure you'll have fun times.

Last edited:
I appreciate the replies. For right now, I'm keeping it stock and enjoying it. I'm sure the mod bug will bite eventually, but I'd like to fatten up the bank account a bit more before that happens.

I love the 18" pegs, except when I hit potholes. As far as the '07, I was finding comparable ones were ~$7k more than I paid for this one. I figure I can replace the slave and the angle gear and still be ahead a few thousand. Plus, I really love the black trim.

Thanks again for the kind words. Hopefully we'll have an ATL meet sometime soon that I can bring it out to.

Back