• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Gen II S40 seats to 940.

My concern in the orientation of the rear mount holes. Strongly reminds me of a 240's rear mounts.

My concern is interference from the 940's floor.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Just took my 960 seats out, don’t see how that’d work unless you could bend up the back part as it needs to be flat...

Can you swap the rails?

I think Dougie-Doug put S40 or V50 seats in this project 245....Look up Hank Scorpio's most recent/current project thread...I think there's some info in there.

He does do things the right way though....i.e. not the Turbobrick way...

Yes it's for a 240 but this should give you an idea of what's going on.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=219119&page=90

You can see what Homer did starting at post 2235, this is really the crux of what it would take though. The rear tabs would obviously both be flat and perhaps in different places, but the same basic idea would apply. Note the comment about the heated seats if that's a thing you care about.

Photo%2520Mar%252024%252C%25204%252015%252057%2520PM.jpg

I know there's some fiddling to do. But my concern is ruining the structural integrity of the seat while trying to fit it to the 940 chassis. Also, I need to be wary of the height of the adapter as I'm "nearly there" at it is.

http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5374457&postcount=150

Yet another 240, and I can't even remember what the floor mounts look like on a 940 anymore. It seems like the 940 seating position is pretty high with stock seats, have you compared a 940 seat next to the s40 one to see how high it might sit?

I used manual c30 seats that needed more holes added to the brackets and extra clearance below the rails for the slider's locking pins. I cut the brackets from the rail leaving the base of the brackets attached

Power seats should be easier to make brackets for because they don't have parts of the mechanism hanging down below the rails.

Can confirm, just replaced both front buckles and it?s attached to the side of the seat.

That's a concern as I need to make sure seatbelts won't be an issue.

http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=5374457&postcount=150

Yet another 240, and I can't even remember what the floor mounts look like on a 940 anymore. It seems like the 940 seating position is pretty high with stock seats, have you compared a 940 seat next to the s40 one to see how high it might sit?

I used manual c30 seats that needed more holes added to the brackets and extra clearance below the rails for the slider's locking pins. I cut the brackets from the rail leaving the base of the brackets attached

Power seats should be easier to make brackets for because they don't have parts of the mechanism hanging down below the rails.

I've retro'd Porsche seats into my 780 and Mazda MX6 seats into my 242. I'm certain I can do it, but I want to make sure that, A) seatbelts won't be affected and B) I don't smash my head on the headliner.

Foam is probably shot on a 25 year old seat though, at least on the driver side. You could always swap the driver lower cushion for the passenger side one, but that is a lot of work if you're not into doing upholstery.

Foam is probably shot on a 25 year old seat though, at least on the driver side. You could always swap the driver lower cushion for the passenger side one, but that is a lot of work if you're not into doing upholstery.

That's probably a wise statement. But if the skin is okay, I know the padding is still available. But at this point, I'm still shooting for the S40 seats.

Back