home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & suspension

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

John,
I've been trying to get ahold of you since Friday. Give me a call so we can talk about the squirters.
__________________


'07 MS6 - DD/DSP of doom
'92 245 - Eternal Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
Incidentally, if we're going to follow this other train of thought, you should install your spare tire while the vehicle is cruising at 55mph, since that's about where it'll be used most often.
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #27
DecalServiceBrett
Board Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh86 View Post
John,
I've been trying to get ahold of you since Friday. Give me a call so we can talk about the squirters.
so the squirter kit is going to be in my state? wtf? i want to get in on this..
__________________
rofl
DecalServiceBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #28
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAsEqUeNcE View Post
so the squirter kit is going to be in my state? wtf? i want to get in on this..
Brett, I sending out the kit in an hour to Dave so get holt of him cause he's going to zip zing bam it in toute suite.

He's getting 4 squirters and that's all there is in USA and Germany just now of that particular PN. Amazingly the BMW parts manager and parts guy were really curious about an order of 32 unit and when i 'splained to them what was up the manager checked other models using the same part number, then on his own check several other models, and one model there were like 1000 on hand so we have one of those coming to compare and if its compatible then well go with them.
Hoookay?
__________________
John Vanlandingham/JVAB Imports
Sleezattle WA, USA

--> CALL (206) 431-9696<----

www.rallyrace.net/jvab

www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?'"
— Don Marquis
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #29
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh86 View Post
John,
I've been trying to get ahold of you since Friday. Give me a call so we can talk about the squirters.
I'll give you a call with the Paypal details for the deposit and the cost on the 4 squirters this evening, righty right ol droogie?
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:42 AM   #30
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
I'll give you a call with the Paypal details for the deposit and the cost on the 4 squirters this evening, righty right ol droogie?
i'll give you a call tomorrow to sort this out...
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #31
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh86 View Post
i'll give you a call tomorrow to sort this out...
OK Dave, they're on the way...we can sort the details and i shipped already cause we have history.
When you're done it'll go over to flaky boy Brett who so brutally murdered with malice aforethought his innocent B21T, and for a savage like him we'll make sure we get a crushing deposit!!!!
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #32
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
OK Dave, they're on the way...we can sort the details and i shipped already cause we have history.
When you're done it'll go over to flaky boy Brett who so brutally murdered with malice aforethought his innocent B21T, and for a savage like him we'll make sure we get a crushing deposit!!!!
It's Daniel, not Dave ;) My caller id does say david tho :(

Thanks for this awesomeness!

Brett, get ahold of me so we can work out when I can come help you.
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #33
JohnMc
PV Abuser
 
JohnMc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: St. Louis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
He's getting 4 squirters and that's all there is in USA and Germany just now of that particular PN. Amazingly the BMW parts manager and parts guy were really curious about an order of 32 unit and when i 'splained to them what was up the manager checked other models using the same part number, then on his own check several other models, and one model there were like 1000 on hand so we have one of those coming to compare and if its compatible then well go with them.
Hoookay?
heh, i can imagine the German spare parts guy scratching his head trying to figure out where these parts are going. It's really not one of those things you'd normally expect to be flying off the shelves.

Sort of like a few years back when some obscure Cali emissions Honda had one of the first production wideband O2 sensors on it, and people started buying them up and they pretty much became as rare as hen's teeth overnight.
__________________
'63 PV Rat Rod
'93 245 16VT Classic #1141
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #34
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbh86 View Post
It's Daniel, not Dave ;) My caller id does say david tho :(

Thanks for this awesomeness!

Brett, get ahold of me so we can work out when I can come help you.
OOOOps, eh well you'll be old and blind and crippled and forgetful someday!
Why when I was you age we'd walk thru 5 miles of snow to the garage on bare bloody feet. Uphill!
Both ways!

(And your comeback answer should be: On bare bloody feet!!!! SO LUCKY! We'd do that on only bloody stumps!)
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #35
BB-Q
(. )( .)
 
BB-Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: In front of the PC, obviously.
Default

They don't know they're born today..............
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
The man is a pimp, and a fast one at that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frpe82 View Post
He's got that "crazy Mark" look in his eyes...........
1992 245 SE B200F, M47, Low and painfully slow.......
BB-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #36
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
OOOOps, eh well you'll be old and blind and crippled and forgetful someday!
Why when I was you age we'd walk thru 5 miles of snow to the garage on bare bloody feet. Uphill!
Both ways!

(And your comeback answer should be: On bare bloody feet!!!! SO LUCKY! We'd do that on only bloody stumps!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Q View Post
They don't know they're born today..............
Uphill both ways? As in the earth had it out for you and decided to change which way the ground sloped? Old times must've been hard.
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #37
BB-Q
(. )( .)
 
BB-Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: In front of the PC, obviously.
Default

I used to work 27 hours a day down t' pit, pay mineowner for the privilege of working, walk 15 miles home in the snow in us bare feet and when we got home to our cardboard shoebox our father would beat us to death and jump up and down on our graves..........

Tell them young 'uns today and they don't believe ya..........
BB-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #38
DecalServiceBrett
Board Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
When you're done it'll go over to flaky boy Brett who so brutally murdered with malice aforethought his innocent B21T, and for a savage like him we'll make sure we get a crushing deposit!!!!
sigg action right there, thats gonna stay for a long time!

Awesome, if those 1000 squirters are compatible, then IM ALL FOR IT!
DecalServiceBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #39
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Alright, my block now has squirters! Brett will get his block tapped tomorrow. Who's next?
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #40
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

a
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010601.JPG (30.0 KB, 1636 views)
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #41
stillspoolin
Board Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Default

sweet, could we do this to my block while the kit is in town?
__________________
89 765T 350k
stillspoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 AM   #42
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillspoolin View Post
sweet, could we do this to my block while the kit is in town?
Get hold of Dan and see if you can bring your block there or what.
Currently it's Dan who has the deposit out on it so I think he can set the local terms.
Whaddya say Dan?

Didya get Bretts done today?
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #43
stillspoolin
Board Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Default

let me know dan, thanx
stillspoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #44
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

I'm leaving Thursday, so get ahold of me if you still want it.
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #45
mr.jeffro
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Springville, AL but not originally
Exclamation Pre 93 Engines

First of all, this was a very informative post regarding the squirter installation and it's simplicity. Secondly, I have worked in the diesel industry for many years and "piston-coolers" are a must to cool the underside of the piston and prevent a melt-down condition from sustained boost and internal combustion pressures and temps.

One member posted a comment regarding pre 1993 b230 engines do not have these. I would like to know if this is true?

Yet another member mentioned about using the high-output oil pump using a different size drive gear to deliver more volumn and output. If a high output oil pump is needed this would be a very important detail that everyone needs to know about. Without a different oil pump the bottom end and even the valve train could be affected.

All information would be great for everyone.

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Jeff
mr.jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #46
dbh86
What's a 16V?
 
dbh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jeffro View Post
One member posted a comment regarding pre 1993 b230 engines do not have these. I would like to know if this is true?
My motor, '92 B230, did not have these till I used this kit. So pre-93 B230's don't have them, B230FT's might have them a bit earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jeffro View Post
Yet another member mentioned about using the high-output oil pump using a different size drive gear to deliver more volumn and output. If a high output oil pump is needed this would be a very important detail that everyone needs to know about. Without a different oil pump the bottom end and even the valve train could be affected.
I'm going to use my stock pump, as it's in good condition, and I'm going to up the pressure a little bit.
dbh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #47
John V, outside agitator
Board Member
 
John V, outside agitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sleezattle, WA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jeffro View Post
First of all, this was a very informative post regarding the squirter installation and it's simplicity. Secondly, I have worked in the diesel industry for many years and "piston-coolers" are a must to cool the underside of the piston and prevent a melt-down condition from sustained boost and internal combustion pressures and temps.

One member posted a comment regarding pre 1993 b230 engines do not have these. I would like to know if this is true?

Yet another member mentioned about using the high-output oil pump using a different size drive gear to deliver more volumn and output. If a high output oil pump is needed this would be a very important detail that everyone needs to know about. Without a different oil pump the bottom end and even the valve train could be affected.

All information would be great for everyone.

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Jeff
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for the kind words. I had hoped that this kit idea would catch on and that more boys with the older B21 and B23 motors would have latched on as well.
As for pumps, there is really only 2 pumps and I'm not sure if the old "Low volume" pump is encountered much in the aftermarket, it could be that suppliers only only all supplying the later high volume pump.

So far all the different brands I have seen differ in the box they come in and the pumps inside are the same.

Clearly the high volume pump is the way to go with the turbo motor and fersure with the 16v conversions with the extra cams and hydraulic lifters.


By the way, nobody here should be referred to as "gentlemen",
we're Turbobrickistas,

The "gentlemen " are over on Brickboards or V-speed.
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #48
mr.jeffro
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Springville, AL but not originally
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V, outside agitator View Post
Hello Jeff,

By the way, nobody here should be referred to as "gentlemen",
we're Turbobrickistas,

nancy:
Thanks for the reply. I am just used to calling men that have more knowledge than I, "gentlemen".

Have a great evening.

Regards,

Jeff
mr.jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #49
fidel
knox motorsports
 
fidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: richmond, VA
Default

i need the kit when its available.
__________________
fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #50
MrBill
fige=500Dollar Mistake
 
MrBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Maryland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidel View Post
i need the kit when its available.
I'll find out if I need it also on wednesday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmachine02 View Post
Someone say crazy rays?
1978 244dl - Down for paint/16vt
93 245 - Kaplhenke Shortened coilovers with adjustable Koni Reds, adjustable rear spring perches with revalved bilstein S-10 shocks. Turbo 2.5 motor in the works.
10 v50 - Unobtainium T5 R-Design AWD M66
MrBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.