• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Replacing front turn signal and socket

daggum

I'm hoping to replace the front right turn signal on my 1994 940 Turbo Wagon.

I noticed the previous lamp mysteriously missing one morning on a road trip, having either been ripped off or jostled out on a bumpy mountain road. How ever it happened, it took the socket with it and left this plastic fitting (not sure what to call it) dangling on a few wires. The wires seem to have originally been held in place by a plastic casing inside of the fitting that has now crumbled and fallen away, leaving them loose.

I've been able to find turn signal replacement tutorials with the socket intact, but not without. I'm wondering if it might be possible to fix the fitting and attach it to a new socket and lamp assembly, or if more is required. Any advice on this process or parts I may be overlooking would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any insight!

eEYfbo

cGdP2T

Last edited:
Solution

This turned out to be much simpler than I feared.

The [three] wires mentioned have hollow metal contacts on the end that fit onto the prongs on the rear of the socket. The plastic fitting [now broken, in my case] acts as a guide to align each of these contacts with the appropriate prong, but they can individually be connected manually as well.

All I needed was a new socket, bulb, and lens assembly. The installation was very intuitive and of course there are plenty of video tutorials to reference once the socket is attached.

Now working good as new.

Back