• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How to setup a 15g/16t/18t/19t for RWD

how much of a difference will it make to port the turbine housing on the 15g's? I know that porting the 90+ is almost a must....15g has a nice design on the housing already. any need to improve it??

Anyone debating, Listen to this man He knows what he's talking about. :volvo: And I'm in as soon as it gets a little warmer outside. I'm pretty much thinking about holding off on the Garrett GT until beg to mid summer. I've been wanting to try out the 15g on my setup so I'm going to run it for a little while until I switch to the Garrett. btw, Nice post. Very generous of you.

Last edited:
another WG bracket

15gbracket_7904.JPG

15gbracket_7903.JPG

15gbracket_7902.JPG

15gbracket_7901.JPG

15gbracket_7900.JPG

Hope this the right place too ask you this question. But do you have any experience with the 16G from an EVO. And will it work on the 90+ mani? And what is a FAIR price to pay for one with 25K on it?

It's the style of turbine housing to downpipe interface. Conical is what the old 12b/13C stock turbos used, where a flared pipe with a flange around it is snugged on over the conical seating surface. The flat and angled flanges have flat mating surfaces, which a flange welded onto the downpipe seals to (with a gasket). Flat flange is better for RWD usage. Angled flanges my be difficult to mount onto a 90+ manifold, and the flange starts off pointing slightly in the wrong direction.

The flat flange turbos do not need a gasket from what I have heard. There is a lip on the exhaust housing and a coinciding grove on the flange so that you don't need a gasket.

Back