• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Euromurican; a 242 with an M60B40

A while ago I scored a set of doorpanels in very good shape, but unfortunately in the wrong color. Time to test this stuff.

Thorough clean.

Result.

So it turned out really good. I can't wait to have them installed and enjoy the power windows.

Anyway, me and two friends fitted three 1031 axles with Eaton torsen units over a Saturday and a half. We had a great time to all work together on our separate project cars. Lots of laughs and we're all hands on guys so great cooperation.

My rare 3.15 set.

I'm curious what Volvo models ran this gearset in Europa? Were they behind the 6 cylinder engines? I think with your automatic gearbox your 1031 will likely withstand the Nm of torque applied. GREAT project, following your progress!

I'm curious what Volvo models ran this gearset in Europa? Were they behind the 6 cylinder engines? I think with your automatic gearbox your 1031 will likely withstand the Nm of torque applied. GREAT project, following your progress!

3,15 came with the -84 DL B21+M45

Thanks for the compliments.

I have no idea where these 3.15 come from. They are extremely rare. I got it from a friend who's into banger racing and he and his friends combined have taken apart well over a 100 240's, probably a multitude of 100. He's found two of these gear sets over the years and the other one he's keeping himself.

It should be strong enough although sizewise the 1031 is the same as a bmw 188 (mm) diff. On the big engines they tend to use the 210 diffs.

3,15 came with the -84 DL B21+M45

Probably on some of them but surely not all?

Are those Volvo tone rings on the LSDs? If not, where'd you get them? Cool project!

I bought everything at www.bakaxel.se The site is in Swedish but they take orders in English and they ship really fast. I've bought several things there over the years and they never disappoint. Search "Hastighetsm?tarkrans" in the store.

Now enough threadjacking, this is a great build!

Okay so another small update.

I made a GT style firewall brace except stronger.

Back from powder coating together with the strut brace I made earlier.

I mounted the DME, the gear box ecu and the LPG injection piggy back. It's a struggle for room and I hope the glovebox still fits.

Since I've always been extremely annoyed by bot the location and the type of fusebox, I decided to relocate it and use a more modern kind. This one holds 20 fuses and I will go to max 15A in it.

Made a stainless steel bracket.

And I fitted the box. Pretty happy with it. All I need to do now is connect the wires and toss out the ****ty OEM thing.

Small update on the front and rear.

Got the radiator and condenser in. Mounted a Spal.

They both fit under the top panel so I got away with minimal mounting brackets. Just some bent alu for the radiator and two bolts for the condenser (black one)

Yes, double headlights.

I cleaned a set of 264 tail lights.

And put them on the rear panel.

Bye.

So I finished the exhaust. Since I like the car to be a Wolf im Schafspelz I decided to paint the exhaust black, just like the classic Italian Supersprint exhausts from the seventies.

Quite happy with the result.

Basically the car can get of the lift now. I did a lot of small not-mentioning-worthy jobs and the most work is now the interior and electric connections.

Cheers!

So much italiana going on in here

Si, grazie mille! I was just counting the euro parts on this car. Apart from the Swedish car and German engine and gear box, it has a French panoramic roof, a Polish LPG system, Italian brakes and seats, Ford UK steering wheel (open for debate), and even Dutch shocks.

The only thing non-metric :bleh: part I'm aware of is the Yankee diff.

You just ruined my day. :[

I never fail to disappoint =]

Wheel bearings can be changed to something more beefy/modern and probably metric. Saw it in Sweden where some guys with BMW swapped 240's are reaching unhealthy speeds for the stock bearings.

Might be worth it for more metric.

Back