• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

This thing has a vac leak somewhere. 11mm/hg of vac at idle after the cam install. Bad EGR maybe? I've checked all the larger hoses and went ahead and replaced the small lines. I've tried an unlit torch and couldn't find anything, I might just have it smoked out.

Last edited:
Turns out one of the hushers was out of position under the bucket. Not sure how that happened, but it looks like that's what was causing the noisey valvetrain and at least part of my low vac readings. Much quieter now and I have 15-16 mm/hg at idle.

And an obligatory winter layup picture:
35260121573_fd64049001_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it started after the cam install. I went back in to do the clearances without the hushers and saw that one was dislodged. I left them out since one was messed up. Eventually I will put them back in.

Couple small things added or addressed in the past months. I got a 960/v90 hatch handle that matches the gunmetal accent theme I have going. I also picked up a Cherry Turbo strut brace. Most gloriously, I finally found some decent junkyard hood insulation. Some brushing, vacuuming, cleaning and dying and it was GTG.

We had our first Cars and Coffee of the season yesterday. I need to get some more creative pictures of it, I also need to finish some swaps I have planned for it. I acquired a M90 that I need to source some parts for. I also have a 15g that I've been sitting on for a while. I'd like to get at least one of those things in for the Midsommar meet in June. I coulda gotten some work done on it today since it was rainy, but I took my older daughter to see Cinderella instead. :cool:

Anyway, here are some pictures from Saturday.

35260135293_aa945b9bf9_c.jpg

36068718915_1fabd9ec9d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Couple small things added or addressed in the past months. I got a 960/v90 hatch handle that matches the gunmetal accent theme I have going. I also picked up a Cherry Turbo strut brace. Most gloriously, I finally found some decent junkyard hood insulation. Some brushing, vacuuming, cleaning and dying and it was GTG.

We had our first Cars and Coffee of the season yesterday. I need to get some more creative pictures of it, I also need to finish some swaps I have planned for it. I acquired a M90 that I need to source some parts for. I also have a 15g that I've been sitting on for a while. I'd like to get at least one of those things in for the Midsommar meet in June. I coulda gotten some work done on it today since it was rainy, but I took my older daughter to see Cinderella instead. :cool:

Anyway, here are some pictures from Saturday.

DSC09069_zpsmwajmt0o.jpg

DSC09070_zpsfy74rvrl.jpg
Look at that piece of **** 240 next to your car:lol: Your wagon looks awesome man!

Thanks guys. Just set an appointment for next friday to have the interior detailed. The carpets need to be cleaned and the guys I take it to even impress me how they're able to get all the nooks and cranies. Looks like the M90 swap isn't going to happen for the VCOA Midsommar meet, but I'm going to push to get the 15g on.

Been working on the engine bay off and on. Some cleaning, wire-brushing and polishing has it looking pretty fresh. It's nice just to spend a few minutes in the evening cleaning some random bit.

36068714215_7256ccba9e_b.jpg

Last edited:
A few things taken care of before the VCOA Midsommar Meet. In the past couple months I've done a diff fluid service, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, and most recently this:

35898907412_416fdeecc6_z.jpg

New OEM AC compressor. The wife preferred we have AC for the trip, since she's use to modern vehicles. :roll::-P Probably do the tranny fluid, since we'll be on the road for the weekend. I have some new polish and sealant to try out, but this Saturday I have an appt to take a couple of remaining dings out. We'll see if I get to the full clay bar and polish, but it's pretty much ready for the show.

Kinda bummed the M90 swap isn't ready and I haven't clocked and bracketed the 15g, but at this point it doesn't really bother me. Bite size projects are easier to do at this point in my life and the motivation to do the m90 and 15g swap is there, just have to find the time to do it right. The car is running stellar and like I said in the previous post, I've been doing some wire-brushing, cleaning and painting of engine bay stuff. Just getting things sorted well and cleaned up is pretty satisfying.

#grownman945t

Last edited:
Got PDR done on a couple small dings Saturday and then on Sunday I hit it with some polish and sealant to get it ready for the VCOA Midsommar Meet this coming weekend. I'll wipe down the interior this week, but it's pretty much ready to go. Looking forward to meeting up with what looks to be a decent number of TBers.

35898912532_39cf21e0db_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back