• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intercooler suggestions for 550-600hp

phuz

There's a few people I have tried to contact regarding their 2JZGTE 940 but I haven't heard anything back. I'm finding it hard to locate an ideal intercooler to fit in this car to support the power that my setup produces. I've found a Mishimoto G-Line, but I'm thinking it might be a little small for this. Curious what any of you high-HP guys are using.

I am not 2JZ here but 16v b230 aiming for 600bhp,

I used some Chinese intercooler for ?160, the dimensions were 600x300x100mm (core size) (could be 600x400x100mm, I will check once I'm at workshop)

I had to cut the front out a fair bit and remade plates and tubes to hold/strengthen the front end back together.

But with all the effort the intercooler is completely hidden behind the grill now :)

Roger

I am not 2JZ here but 16v b230 aiming for 600bhp,

I used some Chinese intercooler for ?160, the dimensions were 600x300x100mm (core size)

I had to cut the front out a fair bit and remade plates and tubes to hold/strengthen the front end back together.

But with all the effort the intercooler is completely hidden behind the grill now :)

Roger

How did you fit it? I'd love go to that size, but I'm coming up with a maximum of 21.5" between the light housings behind the grill.

How did you fit it? I'd love go to that size, but I'm coming up with a maximum of 21.5" between the light housings behind the grill.

There was a bit of chopping involved as I mentioned in my previous post, I've taken some pictures and once I am home I will post them up!

Edit: I do retain the original radiator position so maybe this setup may not work for a 6 cylinder engine?

Roger

Last edited:
600x300x76 intercooler fits just fine into a 900 series between the lights. I've always cut the outlets and replaced them with 90 degree bends. Pretty tight but still. You have to cut some of the metal next to the headlights. And you can still have AC if you want.

There is one in hiding:
1.jpg

Garrett core is nice, got one with the better "B6284T".

I just ordered the KL racing drop in intercooler for 940 withAC for my T6 760 build. They say it's good for 600, I guess I'll find out. Price was right, anyhow.

I would also recommend Treadstone - I tried a range of brands on my old V70 build - the Treadstone had the best fin/core design & includes internal splitters for designs with offset I/O.

IMG-1575.jpg

Treadstone on R, eBay CXracing (with splitter I added) on left.

IMG-1574.jpg

If you want to go custom( and spendy), Bell IC will make an IC to any spec you want. I used them for my C30 w/K16

Bell-ICleftview-1.jpg

Are they still in business? I have contacted them numerous times about some other products and they never responded.

Never cared for Viva. Prices are incredibly inflated.

I think I found a core that is going to work and should have it mounted in the coming days. The chargepipe routing is going to be fun.

I found the same with Viva.

As far as I know, Eurosport tuning is still going strong. We order stuff from them at work for customers fairly often.

Jordan

I found the same with Viva.

As far as I know, Eurosport tuning is still going strong. We order stuff from them at work for customers fairly often.

Jordan

Thanks, maybe I'll try to reach them just one more time. ;)
I really wanted to see about a tune for my XC90 V8 (more so for efficiency than power).

The red wagon has a Treadstone TR8 mounted in the chin. It's $300 on treadstone's website and is rated to "500hp", whatever that means. I can't see paying an extra $200 or more for a do88 unit even if it is "drop in".

Back