• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V8BRICK to 285Ti

Hey guys, here's some updated pics. Been really busy with the side business but it has helped by providing two garage bays for me to store my volvos while I work on them, just in time for winter! All the piping is ordered for the 4" throttle body elbow and q45 throttle body. This time I think I'm going to run timing with a stock TFI dizzy +crane ignition through the megasquirt. Intercooler will be low mounted under the bumper angling backward 24x12x3 core so the radiator can get full grille air and hopefully stay cool. Timing should also help with keeping it cool, and I can add a pusher fan on the front if it really needs it down the road. More pics to come soon!

10_29_08_01.jpg

10_29_08_02.jpg

11_03_08_01.jpg

11_03_08_02.jpg

Last edited:
One more of the new snake around the dizzy fuel rail crossover and intake elbow mounted with Q45 tb and a longer new volvo throttle cable yay it reaches and works!

12_02_08.jpg

Damn... looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Did you get much warpage on the rear quarters when you welded the tubs to 'em?

It's gonna be awesome!

M.

nice setup, i see you are putting a lot more money in than i had for my project but here's what i'm working with:

S6302249.jpg

S6301597.jpg

is your's running yet? i want to hear it running.

Believe it or not this is a budget build up haha. I just spend a lot of time making things work because I'm too cheap to buy the right more expensive parts. To answer the question about rear quarter warpage, the rear fender where it comes up to the tail light had to be slit so the fender could easily bend outward. That pulled and slightly overlapped the slit in the rear to the point where a small triangle piece of metal had to be welded in on each side.

For paint I'm keeping the stock silver with black from the door trim line down. Still not sure if I'm keeping the flathood that's on there now or if I'll swap out for a stocker. I'll be covering the downpipe hole and putting the exhaust, gas tank and fuel lines on this weekend so I may post some more pics with the exhaust on it. Panhard bar needs to be shortened a tad for passenger side fender clearance on compression.

It's not running yet but I'll have video up when it is. Interested to hear the F-cam compared to my old super lopey setup, hope it sounds cool still.

its sad when someone has to come and post negative comments like that.

i think it looks great... question though. Are you going to put a cage in it, and if so. Are you going to tie into the rear tube frame you built?

Wow. First time I've noticed this thread. Very cool. Too bad you can't still use the rear seat. It would be cool to make it look like it came from the factory that way.

Back