• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cordless Impacts.

One question I had was torque variability. I saw how that one Millwaukee has 2 'modes'. Do most of these impacts have a setting? I know air guns have a 1, 2, 3, 4 dial where you can roughly set power (divide the max by your number).

I think I'll grab that Bosch. It's cute, and I think it's time to buy impact sockets, anyways...

Looks like there's 6 left.

:omg:
I heard some yards don't 'allow' power tools... ?
It's easy to go to another yard.

Brushless might be better, but I've run my Milwaukee tools through 15 or so batteries, and not one has had a motor problem. The NICd cells held up better than the V18 Li.
all but the skillsaw and flashlight have a variable trigger that isn't hard to operate.

I'm using a used Makita that was bought and used exclusively daily at a dealership. It's now 13 years old. Batteries are still good.
The damn circlip is ****ty though.

I've taken my daughter's old Northern Tool Big Red Wagon more than once to the PNP, the handle is a little short so I have a piece of string tied to the handle to pull it. Our PNP has wheelbarrows you can use, but on the sale weekends they are all taken before I get my lazy ass out of bed. The wagon is actually better than the barrow IMHO.

143303_114x114.jpg

before I get my lazy ass out of bed.

This is me right now. Taking my sweet time before heading to the PnP, apparently. No surprise. Daintily nursing my coffee. This head needs to clear up from last night's beer, anyways. :-P

Lol, just busted another 3/8 extension on my B230 head bolts with a breaker bar. Will the Dewalt 3/8" (1500 something in/lbs torque) break em free? Safe to use on head bolts?

Damn things are on tight, ha. And for good reason, I suppose...

Lol, just busted another 3/8 extension on my B230 head bolts with a breaker bar. Will the Dewalt 3/8" (1500 something in/lbs torque) break em free? Safe to use on head bolts?

Damn things are on tight, ha. And for good reason, I suppose...

:roll:

why are you using 3/8 hardware to remove head bolts?

To be fair, this guy removed head bolts with his itty-bitty ratchet. (j/k, I do understand this is an entirely different engine.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_uYNHIaxxY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've used a ratchet with a box wrench over the handle for
leverage. It's stupid, and an abuse of tools, but sometimes you
are at the scrapyard, just minding your own business, when a nice
low-mile 16v head comes at you. A guy's gotta defend himself.

I've used a ratchet with a box wrench over the handle for
leverage. It's stupid, and an abuse of tools, but sometimes you
are at the scrapyard, just minding your own business, when a nice
low-mile 16v head comes at you. A guy's gotta defend himself.

Practically flies right at your face. :rofl:

I would not use an impact on head bolts. I feel they should be loosened slowly in the reverse order of installation in stages.
I use 1/2" tools and a cheater pipe if needed, oh and an impact rated socket.

On the modest size headbolts on automobiles, I also use my 1/2" setup, along with an impact socket. After I've got all the bolts loosened by hand in reverse order of tightening them, I'll take either a battery or air powered 3/8" drive ratchet and a smaller drive socket to loosen and remove them. Saves a little bit of time, anyway. Failing that, I'll go really old school and break out my 3/8" drive speed handle.:grin:

I use my dewalt Dc820b on everything. Hell it took the lug nuts off the back hoe with a fresh battery! I use the Dc825b with a 3/8 or 1/4 adapter for everything else.

I've been happy with my Dewalt DCF883 3/8" wrench. Does lugs, but kinda fights them for a few seconds. It's small enough to conveniently fit just about anywhere. And I only paid $175 shipped for the tool, case, 2 4ah batteries, and a charger.
dewrdcf883m2r_a.jpg

In the mail today I have coming the tried and true top of the line milwaukee 2763-22. It is top notch along with the new dewalt DCF899. It outcompetes modern pneumatic 1/2" drive tools as well. I'm hoping it'll hold up for me.
09ce16f9-11bd-4630-ad78-cc1506eef7f9_1000.jpg

Also Im sorry for any of you that spent money on a snapon cordless impact. It's a gimmic, they're much more expensive and don't perform nearly as well as other cheaper brands.

Last edited:
Dont buy the Milwaukee 3/8" electric ratchet; they fail.

I really like my Snap On 3/8" electric ratchet. Only complaint is the socket is hard to remove and the light goes off immediately when the trigger is released.

I like my Milwaukee 1/4" hex drive impact. I have a 3/8" adapter in there now and it does great slamming small bolts in. Out, not so much.

Currently in the market for a good 3/8" impact....the 18v Snap On one is $$$, but last guy I worked with did almost everything with it, but I can't say anything good or bad about it.

Back