• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Hi, got a question. If i want to go with 550cc injectors. How do i calculate or change: injector constant #1#2#3#4, in tunerpro. The first one i get the calvulation. And the third one is not need to be changed? But 2 and 4?

Best regards// Jim

You only change constant number 4, the main fueling constant (that's at least what I did).

016 MAF and pump gas? Try 1800 as injector constant number 4.

Yes just constant #4. I use bosch 550cc injectors too, my #4 is at 1650. You'll still need to take a bunch out of the fuel map after 4k rpm though.

You only change constant number 4, the main fueling constant (that's at least what I did).

016 MAF and pump gas? Try 1800 as injector constant number 4.

Ok, i can try that out.

But still little confused. When you look att ipdowns jetronic.info he wrights that the constant #1 is "fuel multiplier" and has a calculation for that. Is that wrong? Is it the constant #4 that use this calculation instead?

Im gonna use 012MAF. I have changes the linearzon table for 012. Is the fuel calculation the same?

Last edited:
How do you shut of long and short trim? Thats controlled by the lambda. Do you eneable lambda flag or is it another adress? I have 962 XDF, looked at another XDF, and have not see long and short trim function:roll:

Version 28 is maybe 3-4 years old

That is the reason for why those are not implemented.
Another issue is that the LPT bin (962) always has been collecting bad feedback from a lot of users so I have never bothered doing any update to this XDF.

Use the 954 binary for all newer ECUs and maybe copy the settings from a 984 if you want the latest iteration of Volvo binarys.

YS
Jaybee

Version 28 is maybe 3-4 years old

That is the reason for why those are not implemented.
Another issue is that the LPT bin (962) always has been collecting bad feedback from a lot of users so I have never bothered doing any update to this XDF.

Use the 954 binary for all newer ECUs and maybe copy the settings from a 984 if you want the latest iteration of Volvo binarys.

YS
Jaybee

Thanks.
Is there any benefits of using settings from 984bin in 954?

And do you just use the basic XDF 954? Or does it excist another one? Only find a basic XDF954 on jetronic.info

Best regards // Jim

Hi

The major difference between 954 & 984 is that the later feels more refined.
It starts nicer and are less "agressive" than the 954.
Functionality is same.
Uploded version 52 to the jetronic.info site :-)

YS
Jaybee

Hi

The major difference between 954 & 984 is that the later feels more refined.
It starts nicer and are less "agressive" than the 954.
Functionality is same.
Uploded version 52 to the jetronic.info site :-)

YS
Jaybee

I download it and checked. The long term fuel trim i found the flag, is this the short too?
So basicly if i want to change my setup. I do like this. Have 550cc injector and 012AMM.
Change the linearzation table and the two constants. Shut off fuel trim (60A6) Change injector constant 4, as close to injector size scaling. Drive and se how it runs, back and add 25 on scale. Turn then on fueltrim and se if CEL/DTC lamp on. If not, reset the ecu and start again with about 25 correction? Ofcourse with wideband installed!

I download it and checked. The long term fuel trim i found the flag, is this the short too?
So basicly if i want to change my setup. I do like this. Have 550cc injector and 012AMM.
Change the linearzation table and the two constants. Shut off fuel trim (60A6) Change injector constant 4, as close to injector size scaling. Drive and se how it runs, back and add 25 on scale. Turn then on fueltrim and se if CEL/DTC lamp on. If not, reset the ecu and start again with about 25 correction? Ofcourse with wideband installed!

Long term fuel trim reset flag must be activated
Lambda feedback short term flag must be deactivated
Linearisation table and two constants yes
Leave all other tables as stock for now
Reduce constant #4 first to appx 2100
Fine tune warm engine low speed running with constant #1 afterwards to get nice AFR

In Tunerpro you need to have the checksum dll operative to avoid CEL
(more info on that operation a few pages back)

When this initial phase is done you can fine tune the matrix and cold start enrichments etc

PS: Never ever use long term fuel trim again as this just messes up things (leave it always in reset mode)
and if you use short term lambda feedback it is beneficial to activate it only when you are pretty satisfied with your main matrix.

YS
Jaybee

Last edited:
Long term fuel trim reset flag must be activated
Lambda feedback short term flag must be deactivated
Linearisation table and two constants yes
Leave all other tables as stock for now
Reduce constant #4 first to appx 2100
Fine tune warm engine low speed running with constant #1 afterwards to get nice AFR

In Tunerpro you need to have the checksum dll operative to avoid CEL
(more info on that operation a few pages back)

When this initial phase is done you can fine tune the matrix and cold start enrichments etc

PS: Never ever use long term fuel trim again as this just messes up things (leave it always in reset mode)
and if you use short term lambda feedback it is beneficial to activate it only when you are pretty satisfied with your main matrix.

YS
Jaybee

Thank you so much. Now i think i got it. Lets see if i blow up my engine or not haha!

Best regards// Jim Karlsson

Any issues using that 984 bin on the early boxes like the 939's? I think I have a 954 laying around as well. Also, what about the immobilizer in the 984, is that disabled in this latest XDF?

Any issues using that 984 bin on the early boxes like the 939's? I think I have a 954 laying around as well. Also, what about the immobilizer in the 984, is that disabled in this latest XDF?

Hi

Nope, the immobilizer in 984 is not removable as of now and not a big issue either as 954 is same version software less the immo function.

YS
jaybee

Wait, there are flags for long-term fuel trim adjustment? Does turning that off disable LH learning, but still enable it to operate in closed loop and shoot for stoich?

Hi

The answer is yes to a degree (it is not 100% verified yet due to lack of feedback)
Myself I don't run with any lambda feedback active so in that config it works excellent, but running "only" with short term active I am not sure how it works out. It might be a full shutdown of long term adaption or just a reset to zero upon a fresh start of the engine.
Running with with long term enabled only is worse than anything, that is like running a new tune every time you take your car out for a spin...

Best of both worlds would probably be to restrict the short term adaption with the border constants to just operate at low load and rpm (idle area)

YS
Jaybee

Last edited:
Back