• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 940 b234t

christiek

Hi,
I know this has probly been covered 100x over but me been from Ireland Google and turbo bricks throws up different searches.
I'm building a b230 16v+t, volvo armt popular in Ireland or UK and the only builds I can find are UK and there lads that are making 350+ bhp which I'm building a standers 8v engine to get to that but am building a 16v engine for another one,
I know the swedes and Americans have had great success with these engines,
I have 9 volvos myself from 240-940 and the b234f is rarer than yous have we bearly got any, I imported my head from sweden,
I'm planning yoshi fab pistons and Rods but with import charges and all would weisco and k1 be a better option?
With been rhd and most manifolds not suiting is there any options that do I have looked at swede exhaust thinking there's?
Tbh I'm look for build threads that are around the 500bhp mark?
Im not been smart but I don't need any smart replies search this search that I have tryed because I'm under a different server nutting but ****e pops up.
Thanks for your help really appreciate

Doublin' up on your comment, search n00b! :-D Only because you asked. I managed to end up with 3 B234F engines here in NZ (also RHD) two came in cars, one is still in the car it came in, another is in my 240 sedan, the third in the garage as parts. Not sure what you mean by "manifolds don't work", presumably you'll be fabricating your manifolds locally anyway. Support Josh at Yoshifab if you can. Few know these cars and how best to build them as well as that guy. Good luck!

There are a number of UK 16v builds. Are you looking at putting this into a 240 or 740/940. The 240 is very tight on space but can be done.

Either way the LHD off the shelf manifolds are not going to clear with RHD so custom build is the only way to go.

Pistons & rods, are you keeping normal stroke length or going longer stroke? Are you wanting to improve the rod ratio?

I wouldn't describe the 240 as "very" tight on space - it's cosy, but my non-turbo one dropped right in, and I don't see anything stopping me from turboing it any time I want to. Here's an irrelevant to 940 photo of my 240 engine bay, this is not a built 16v B230F as described above, it's a bone stock B234F with redrilled LHS mount and custom RHS mount both using yoshifab upgraded mounts.

EDgHMn1UwAEnOQP

Back