• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

Nice work! :)

Thanks! :-P

Doing the assembly work here and there, interior only needs the hat shelf and front kick panels. Suspension got 6mm caster spacers upfront, so its all done.

12david34 was here on first of April, we fixed the oil leaks on his ride:

Aswell as having drinks and talking a lot. :cheers:

Insured the car, and currently waiting for the windshield guy to glue in my shiny new pilkington glass. It seems that a test drive will happen next week!

And oh god, i love the truck sounds the b230f makes. :rofl:

Thanks! :-P

Doing the assembly work here and there, interior only needs the hat shelf and front kick panels. Suspension got 6mm caster spacers upfront, so its all done.

12david34 was here on first of April, we fixed the oil leaks on his ride:

Aswell as having drinks and talking a lot. :cheers:

Insured the car, and currently waiting for the windshield guy to glue in my shiny new pilkington glass. It seems that a test drive will happen next week!

And oh god, i love the truck sounds the b230f makes. :rofl:

yeah, what he said!
such a great weekend;-)
17203687_10155638847017788_739182101_n.gif

Last edited:
Wow just had a great read through this amazing thread. Made me want to bring my rusty wagon over for a real Eastern Europe makeover! Seriously though amazing work and you guys seem awesome.

Wow just had a great read through this amazing thread. Made me want to bring my rusty wagon over for a real Eastern Europe makeover! Seriously though amazing work and you guys seem awesome.

Haha, thanks! :cool:

Well, weekend did not go as I planned, as some super ****ty weather kicked in and it was too cold to glue the windshield in. This way the test drive did not happen either.

I however managed to finish the centre console and all the underdash wiring. I had some problems with wires getting loose from the electric speedo and making a short contact on the cluster panel making the high beam and indicator lights work inversely... Its all solid now, no more problems like that.
Installed two USB ports simmetrical to the cig lighter. This way no cables are hanging from the centre console switches level:

Then weekend came, David came again, we messed a bit with his brakes but could not really get it perfect (slightly warped hubs causing slight pedal vibrations).
But at least we could make his OD wiring decent and working. Damn relay had cracked solders everywhere and a busted diode inside!!
I guess there was 5 240s in the small yard? Four of them is driveable. :rofl:

Then today the windshield guy finally came!!
Second universal strip was big enough to cover the gaps nicely, and im very very pleased of the look!

Tomorrow is the big day! :-D

It has come a long way. Good for you for sticking with it. Nice work!

Thanks! Definitely!
Yes, it feels good now that i kept this chassis and did the bodywork. There were times i thought about chassis swap or just selling/scrapping the whole thing. Im glad i did not do anything stupid.

Was this repair with 3 long pieces of sheet metal?

The horizontal one? that was probably 3-4 longer pieces for easier connect to the trunk floor.

that universal strip is looking clean around the window! looks Original.

Yeah, looks factory! :cool:

Looking good. Keep the updates coming!

Thanks!

So the test drive happened today, i took it slow and easy, made sure every suspension and brake bit is tightened down, put some spare coolant, tools and tire to the trunk and made it to the shop in front of us. :rofl:

Then i rolled to the city, frequently checked temp gauge and every noise coming from the motor but everything worked as it should!
Only got a slight suspension noise from the back of the car... It turned out to be the shock upper bolts which were just thrown on months ago. :rofl:
Rolled around with all the dust on it, it was quite fun! Even got a rolling thumbs up on a 4 lane street.
Also the cops pulled me over, because it does not have valid MOT right now, just a temporary permission to drive the car for 3 days. :lol:

Finally washed it:

Sorry for the blurry pics...
Pros, well suspension has almost no noise at all, engine is somewhat powerful, and its pretty damn smooth to ride! I love it!

Cons... Clutch slips... Thought the soft pedal equalt with somewhat new PP but it slips under load, you cant accelerate with more than half throttle even in 3rd gear.
Speedo has a sickness, it does not count for a while after i start the car... And also does not go over 105kmh :wtf:
5th gear is noisy, gotta love volvo transmissions. :lol:

Last edited:
What's up with the passenger side headlight wiper? Shouldn't they both be down? Car looks great.

:)

Quick little vid my buddy took:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dhbManA-LdM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, I've been just driving it in the past 3 days, put around 250km to the clock. Car feels great! Tracks straight, no weird vibrations other than low rpm acceleration. Suspension is boaty but i pretty much like it, as we have some ubercrap roads in the city it just feels awesome to roll over all the imperfections.
It pulls great, goes sideways pretty easily with these old tires, especially in wet:

Still need to cut 1/4 coil from the right front spring to get it level.. Also need to fix the front seat gangsta lean.

Yesterday night we messed with the speedo for a while at my bro's workplace (freq generator and all that jazz) and found out that the culprit is probably the alu cover sender, as it has ~3x less resistance than the origi one in the axle, so the signal is probably weak.
We will try a little 3:1 transformator in the signal wire to amplify the signal. I hope that'll do it. :)

Last edited:
Super nice work! 12david34 told me about it, have been following this for a long time!

Great to see another one saved.

Thanks! I've been following your threads too! I also want that trailing arm bushing mod, and a proper diff! :omg:

Two months ago... I kinda like this pic

This too. :-P

Last edited:
Back