• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 B21ft manifold to turbo hardware

Helga

Hi, I was replacing exhaust manifold gaskets on my b21ft and I accidentally dropped a nut into the manifold. I was unable to fish it out, and lost two magnets in the manifold trying to fish out the nut. So I decided to pull the turbo off and get the trash out of there. The bolts holding turbo to manifold had brass retainers over the heads. I ended up having to cut them off, but now I can't find replacements. How important are they? Or can I run without them no problem?
Cheers

You could probably drill the heads of the bolts and wire them. However, the original setup lasts a long time and it is better to use new volvo retainers when putting that back together.

Bolt heads

Be sure to use a good, correct number of points socket when you loosen and tighten those buggers: the bolt heads are unusual.

Mr. V, care to elaborate? I've just pulled my manifold/turbo unit and had to stop to see what kind of 12-point bolt i'm looking at.

Back