• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

high powered b230 piston choise

Cruxxy

Hello

I'm building a b230 turbo (400+whp)
Started with the fk block
Standard crankshaft
Getting a rsi stage 2 head with arp bolts
Custom intake
Nuke performance fuel rail
High flow injectors
2 bosch fuel pumps
Nuke performance surge tank
Rsi turbo exhaust
And im still not sure wich turbo i will use (internal ore external waste gate)
Now my question is what brand of pistons and rods should i choose
Rsi got some, wiseco etc too much to choose
Since i live in the Netherlands
Rsi stuff need to be imported, but they say they hold to 550 hp

If I were you I would contact me, and get CP Pistons..customs..

And 400+ps and you didn't ask about drijfstang ? How long you want to make 400ps?

And I must ask what happened to your oval track or rally car project?

You don't have that many choices here in the us. For 400hp stock pistons and chinabay rods will do. But more than that the sky's the limit

Je and wiseco have piston profile and can make them. Or go through john. Its the same price and he already has it figures out.

Je and wiseco have piston profile and can make them. Or go through john. Its the same price and he already has it figures out.

I wouldn't say "figured out" , I just talk to CP about the specifics of what most are trying to do and I try to "tailor" the pistons...like in response to certain extremely dogmatic people threating to shoot themselves in a fit of depression I have asked to have the Overall Length or the length of the piston BELOW the pin increased by about 1,4mm so that it matches the length of some OEM Mahle---because despite my pistons being fully 15mm shorter above the pin and thus massively less ready to tip I don't want it on my conscious if this guy does pull out a big Nagant and splatters his brains all over---because earlier versions were 1,4mm shorter---and 500g lighter..

I've asked for a bit wider band on the crown before the dish begins--on turbo pistons---and so a bit deeper dish---the wider band an effort to take a smidge more advantage of the quench pads in the head--and that is something specifically i would criticize the Wisecon Volvo pistons I have seen; they obviously were not thinking at all about quench effect not with a big shallow dish starting just a fraction of a smidge from the edge of the piston..

And even with the 160mm rod/ short comp hgt pistons I've asked them to move the ring pack down so there is more material; above the top ring so when the inevitable detonation does occur, there may be a little tiny bit more chance to survive it...

Always trying small improvements as time goes and TBers find new and improved ways to fawk things up.

If I were you I would contact me, and get CP Pistons..customs..

And 400+ps and you didn't ask about drijfstang ? How long you want to make 400ps?

And I must ask what happened to your oval track or rally car project?

I stopped with the whole rally car thing since there isn't enough fun with the b23e non turbo stil got the car someone else may wreck it for me,
And the spare 240 is now spare for the road turbo brick

And yeah 400 + for daily use. . Crazy huh
Someone here in the Netherlands made a concept that's trustworthy for higher mileage. Bore the cyl press a new thicker housing in with a lower bore
Saying it wouldn't get oval
I try and post the pictures of it when im home(im on my phone and on the ferry back home)
What's the price your asking for a whole set with piston rings rod and cylinders?

You don't have that many choices here in the us. For 400hp stock pistons and chinabay rods will do. But more than that the sky's the limit

In the us? You didn't did research i gues r sport international is located us..
And import from Sweden isn't that hard...

I m planing for Gatebill rudskogen this year
Maby meeting some fellow tb'rs

yeah, i'm an rsi fan, but from what others have said they're harder than ever to get product from for some reason. if you're in europe i'd buy from europe, here in the us there's not many choices

Didn't know that haha,
Im still waiting on my my nuke performance rail. .
First European tuning sended the s40 rail.
Now I'm waiting for 3 weeks. For the right one

These are the "waveguide" wiseco forged pistons RSI sells, these are for stock M rods in a B21 92mm bore. The piston crown mimics the shape of the quench pads in the head.

16352469_orginial.jpg

stock mahle pistons will handle 400hp as long as you have the tune dialed in. haven't you seen how beefy stock are? A member on her made 670whp on stock

You could try SPM pistons and connecting rods, originating propably from china but fellas here use those alot and those cars have more than 400 hp's made with Holsets.
http://www.acm-ab.se/kolv-9628-mm-volvo-b230-234-8v-turbo-/1421-0
http://www.acm-ab.se/Shop/Page/Art/pgArtList.php?iAm_Id=300

Not too pricey, but that's just my opinion.

-Joikale-

Pricey-er than better options here, and then there's post and maybe tull osv additional so not a good deal at all.
, All round you Finns would do better contacting me.

They'd have to pay duty plus VAT on your stuff though John? That's a good 30% on top of whatever goods+postage come in at.

If the price is right why not.

The price, including post is better, and the quality is better , the rods are stronger, and then importantly a guy has choice of any size, and any shape crown, pin size, choice of good safe round wire locks or those horrible dumb American "Spirol Locks", choice of rings...crank steered or piston steered, in short custom vs shelf stock.

Drawback is a 3 week wait, but that's really only problem for those who refuse to plan.

They'd have to pay duty plus VAT on your stuff though John? That's a good 30% on top of whatever goods+postage come in at.

Having done import and export for (seriously) 50 years*, sure I know. We usually can discuss what the customer would wish to do about the outrageous confiscatory extortion that the gang of thugs aka HM Customs wants to shake people down for..

Like everything else, discussion is the key to happiness.:oogle:

And having sent lots of goodies, seems most people are how shall we say ...very happy at the total cost...say no more, know what I mean, eh?

*began importing Airfix models at age 10--and Faller models ,,aus Deutschland" ein jahr sp?ter.

Finally the websites back online, still not going witch Chinabay stuff. Never trusted it never will
And the shipping not that big problem since it's not in a hurry
It will cost enough total..
Ik going with the kms ecu ?1200+
Intake exhaust etc
And that stage 2 turbo head isn't free either same as the camshaft

Back