• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dynoed the 740 wagon this weekend plus some pics...

ya seems a bit low, with just a 15g, 3 inch after the DP, and a blaster 2 coil, i managed 210 RWHP and like 270 FT / lbs of torque. this was at 15 lbs

what boost level are you at? oh nm i just saw well not to bad considering 11-12 psi

power sounds really low for that setup ... hm afr's?

I believe im running pretty rich but dont quote me. I had the graph in my had for like 10 seconds before my attention was diverted to all the coolant gushing out :). I want to say the afr graph shows its starting out pretty lean around 15-16 and then drops a a little. it then drops alot more around 3000 or so rpm it drops down to like 10 or 11. The guy showed me how at the end of the graph the tq and hp numbers drop a bit because it was running rich. Again dont quote me. I should have the dyno scanned by tomorrow when i get the car back.

get both of them from him .. the LH 2.4 fuel chip and teh EZK chip(that is pretty much all there is as they are still working on chips that support all of the big parts like oversized AMM's and injectors and what not. myself i need one for a higher rev limit)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got back from deployment...I like to see what my "old" baby is up to. Like the others, I'm a bit suprised by the "low" #'s. Last time I had it on the dyno (with the M46) the clutch was slipping like mad and it was still posting close to that. Towery and Billy got to go play in it and they seemed to like her...(Towery was in a fetal position in the back seat mumbling something about N/A 240's...) Anway, before you replace the ECU, I'd double check it. I originally had an ECU from Juha (JPTuning) in there. Unless Dan pulled it b/f he sold it, you should be good to go there. Just crank up the boost and use that extra fuel =o) Anyway, next time you want to take a road trip to Key West, the Beers are on me!
-Lloyd

Edit: Also, if you're getting too much fuel, check to see if the cold start injector is still rigged up to come on at boost...if so, disconnect that and re-run it...

Ouch! One of the funky green-purple metallic Cobras! Poor car!!!

It was actually sonic blue. Much nicer color in my opinion :)

155086930_l.jpg

cobra.jpg

cobra_sig.JPG

Installing a bigger HX in this pic.

jay_1_002.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got back from deployment...I like to see what my "old" baby is up to. Like the others, I'm a bit suprised by the "low" #'s. Last time I had it on the dyno (with the M46) the clutch was slipping like mad and it was still posting close to that. Towery and Billy got to go play in it and they seemed to like her...(Towery was in a fetal position in the back seat mumbling something about N/A 240's...) Anway, before you replace the ECU, I'd double check it. I originally had an ECU from Juha (JPTuning) in there. Unless Dan pulled it b/f he sold it, you should be good to go there. Just crank up the boost and use that extra fuel =o) Anyway, next time you want to take a road trip to Key West, the Beers are on me!
-Lloyd

Edit: Also, if you're getting too much fuel, check to see if the cold start injector is still rigged up to come on at boost...if so, disconnect that and re-run it...

Here are some newer pics, and i'll ask dan about the ecu. Also i believe the problem has to do with the car losing boost. I cant get it past 12-13 psi.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=89569

-Lloyd

ECU decided to no longer work. That was long before i sold it. One of my electrical engineering buddies has it. I told Jay before he bought her and when he picked her up. The stock ECU you included is in the car.

The extra injector didn't really work. That switch on the sunroof motor cover never did much if anything while i was looking it over. I replaced the cover with an undrilled one, the wiring is under the cover that is in it now.

I never worked on the water injection when I had it. It worked briefly when i adjusted the one switch, and after that it quit so I never bothered again until I had time to reqire that entirely. Tried for a short time, but I fixed too much other stuff to worry about it in the end.

I spent too much time on the car in the time I had it.....but other things in life kicked in and I needed to move on to something new.

I still have random people asking me where it is on occasion. :lol:

Last edited:
ECU decided to no longer work. That was long before i sold it. One of my electrical engineering buddies has it. I told Jay before he bought her and when he picked her up. The stock ECU you included is in the car.

Yeah i was pretty sure i remembered you saying that but wasnt 100% sure. It will be on my list of things to purchase but not the highest priority at the moment :)

Back