• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 plus t air filter

2 old for this

What is everybody using for a air filter? The other car I did was cut a hole in the inner fender, putting the cone styler filter in the wheel well. It?s a pain to service it

Mine originally looked factory, someone spent some time carefully melting and reshaping parts of the bottom of a 940 Turbo airbox, until it fit into the corner of the 240 engine bay like it belonged there. Then a small hole through the inner fender for the air box inlet. Super clean install, before I got my grubby mitts on it. :lol:

Get an S&B filter, they make any size you want and are way better than the parts store stuff. Interior velocity stack instead of a shelf. And $35 to $45. If you want a garbage parts store one I will send one to ya for shipping cost, just found one in the hoard.

I wouldn't put it in the fender well, just on the outskirts of the engine bay. Enginemasters did a lot of dyno testing on this and intake air temp does not matter nearly as much as fuel temp. Plus I assume an intercooler is part of the plan, so no worries.

Mine originally looked factory, someone spent some time carefully melting and reshaping parts of the bottom of a 940 Turbo airbox, until it fit into the corner of the 240 engine bay like it belonged there. Then a small hole through the inner fender for the air box inlet. Super clean install, before I got my grubby mitts on it. :lol:

Any chance you still have that assembly?

You could do something like this with a turbo kjet airbox.

2fb1604a7e31714f47ba20be3aa67d1e_preview_featured.jpg

There is also the 240 Diesel air box option..... not $15, but factory parts.

Some have poo hoo'd the size of the filter.... but better than listening to the cone filters "wheezing" IMO. If running without an AMM for your engine management, I believe it would be fine for reasonable power levels. Best of all, it fits the 2 series sheet metal.

Diesel air box does not play nice with stock 240T intercooler, outlet of the filter is perpendicular to the IC pipe and at the same height.

With a different intercooler its a pretty neat oem looking setup though space is limited.

This is the one I will accept. AMM needs straight tube before air inlet.

I sliced up a 740 air box. The flange is all that is left from the bottom. Top still locks down holding the filter. Hose from 240 intake hooks it to the amm.

I'm planning on a +t soon and i have a airbox from a diesel 240. It fits where the coolant and washer tanks are located. So I got to move those. Also make the tubing fit to the turbo. I can make a pic of it if you want.

I did this exactly back in 2001 when I installed the stroker B26FT, but my reason was to keep Calif smog techs from noticing I no longer had K-Jet.

Currently I use the simple cone filter in my 242, but I keep thinking someday I'd like to make something that can wall off the engine heat without looking too out of place.
Dave

Attachments

• Daves245-083004-002-lo-res.JPG
    Daves245-083004-002-lo-res.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 242-121618-1lo.jpg
    242-121618-1lo.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 112

Doing the same on my +T - although I read if pulling higher than OEM boost you need the internal cage support for the bellow as it will suck down and restrict - could be urban legend but its an OEM part, still available and cheap so...

Back