• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 to T5 adapter (whiteblock engine to Ford 5 speed)

What clutches are people planning to run on a T5 - T-5 swap?
Im a bit miffed at the moment as to where to look next

I toyed with the idea of having a manual GLT Flywheel drilled for a ford clutch, does this sound reasonable or are there better ways?

Good news bad news,,,,,

The plate that Doug sent me had the bolt holes drilled already for the minor diameter, I just tapped them and machined the outside and inside profile.

I had a DXF of the bolt holes from Doug showing the hole locations and either I screwed up and "moved" them or the DXF is off a little.

So to fix the problem I bought a dxf off of ebay for r154 to 1UZ since I thought I read those use the same bolt pattern for the adapter....and I am getting a bellhousing shipped from back East, I am currently in the Dominican Republic and will be back home early next week to get this issue solved...and then off to the shop to make chips!

What width plate did you end up getting @propav8r?
Are you planning on using the v8 mustang input shaft or is there a better alternative?

I think I need one of these...might have some noise coming from my M90.

Roger are you selling them or is anybody willing to share the CAD?

Like marbles in a can! I thought you would be the perfect guy to think of somekind of solution to this problem

T5 won't be any better. I've had 3, and they all vibrate the entire damn car on decel. I've tried poly and rubber mounts, one and two piece driveshafts, V6 and V8 transmissions, dog dish and flat flywheels, and stock and custom clutches. Same results every time.

My M90 makes noise, get used to it. ;-)

Just noticed it yesterday, still need to confirm its the M90. Does it only on throttle, not off throttle, in gear.

Still need to think about alternatives, since at my soon to be power level will destroy the M90 in no time.

If there is nothing available, I may swap over to a BMW engine, turbo it and throw a Getrag behind it. Tom is going to hate me.

I need to confirm the hardware, I think I am going to supply the 10 M12 bolts since that would make things a little easier for some people.

Started up the mill again yesterday....

Attachments

• plate1.jpg
    plate1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 451
  • plate2.jpg
    plate2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 451
so will everything else for the redblock swap work with this? as in if we had the setup for the redblock car we could just transfer everything over minus flywheel of course?

Back