• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 eftersom rallybil

Did a few things today. My strut towers were completely bent in. I put a porta power on them and pushed them back out. ~2.5-3" lol. I then made a brace out of 1.75x .120 tube. I then focused on getting the cab a little less dusty.

Used tape and spray foam to seal trunk from cab best I could

Speaker has a hole? Do you take it out? Nah. Fill it with spray foam.

Checked a few clearances as I would get a random pop. Had to bend a little sheet metal but all good.

Ran the so cal gambler 500 this last weekend. My car was way over prepared for this. We ended up doing support and rescue mostly.

No problems to report at all. Just the strut gland but came loose and had to tighten it on the trail.
volvo-gambler500-3oz8xreJkdOGs4oQzS

http://giphy.com/gifs/volvo-gambler500-3oz8xreJkdOGs4oQzS?ref=fbt

Spent a few more days in the desert. Didn't take many pictures or videos but the car took a beating. I don't know how the front end is still on the thing. The rear locker being broken sucks but It still performs way better than expected. I hit a few huge bumps and bent a front wheel so bad it went flat. I really need to pay some attention to the front suspension. It went nearly everywhere I wanted. I do think the battery is going bad though. It hardly starts.

Met up with a coworker who had a lifer 740 now too.

I want to run some tall skinny snow tires in the rear of my 940T for some blizzard action, Can anyone recommend a few good sizes? whats the tallest I can run on stock suspension out back? 205/70R15?

Nice! What size are the 'off-road rally tires' you have now on the white wheels? have a link? Thanks.

Got rid of a few bushings on the front suspension. If I was on the brakes and compressed the front suspension the tires would hit the fenders. I made these with a few heims and some spare dom tube I had laying around. The tube has a nut welded in so it bolts to the lower arm and is also welded to the lower arm. I also installed the bilstein touring front struts. The body doesn't have much life left in the front where the struts mount. It's getting really bad.

Well the inevitable happened. I broke the rear subframe and a trailing/ link arm.
I came out of a turn and there were some woops in it and I was on the throttle and bang clunk whirr.

Before we went out I scored some more wheels from yoshifab so I could get rid of the square wheels.
This was after it was straightened and ran for awhile.

The car on silver wheels now.

It had rained a little and promptly got a little muddy

I made it through the main pit and a ways out before I got sucked into the wall and buried it.

Few shots from a trail. I really wish that I took more pics of the actual trail we were doing. The car still surprises me at the crap it does.

And then bang

So loaded it up and took it home.

Back