• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt 16v+t

nothing wrong with batch firing 4 at a time. how do you think the OEM ecu handles things?

Oh I know, but I figure going through the effort of MSing something would be worth at least doing something different than the OEs do. When I batch-fire something with MS, I like to alternate outputs according to firing order, to keep the heat down. Couldn't do that with 4 on each, but I guess it's not a huge deal.

Microsquirt will fire more than 4 injectors. You just have to re-purpose a pin. I think it's one of the LED pin's?

Tons of people are using microsquirt for LS swaps now. That should have all the info you need.

There's no LED pin on the DIY pre-assembled microsquirt, which is what I assume he's using. DIY themselves say only up to 8 injectors.

Ah, well, I learned that today I guess :).

They only list as 3A relay outputs though, not sure they can be repurposed as inj drivers.

Ah, here in the Micro manual:

When using "Staged Injection" the primary injectors are connected to INJ 1 and the secondary injectors are
connected to INJ 2.

Last edited:
mmhmm. the led's are commonly used for either additional spark outputs (with hardware mods), or general purpose outputs.

Is there any way the broken photo links on the first page of this thread could be fixed?

HMM , so can I run 4 more injectors on top of the four I have or nah? Not quite sure why the older pics keep dropping. I have reloaded them 3 times , i think the links change on fb where they are linked from. So i need to start storing pictures on a free storage site i recon, suggestions on good ones? I have a lot of time at the moment to fix this as I'm in the hospital so I will see what I can do.

With a microsquirt?! Are You sure? This makes me very excited. Where would i find the wiring diagram for this? This really helps me a lot guys! Thanks so much for the info!Thanks t8fanning, i just uploaded pics to there , simple stupid easy!

Microsquirt manual said:
When using "Staged Injection" the primary injectors are connected to INJ 1 and the secondary injectors are
connected to INJ 2.

I posted this on the page previous :). It's pulled from the microsquirt manual
Basically, you'd have four injectors on the INJ1 output, and another 4 on INJ2.

With a microsquirt?! Are You sure? This makes me very excited. Where would i find the wiring diagram for this? This really helps me a lot guys! Thanks so much for the info!Thanks t8fanning, i just uploaded pics to there , simple stupid easy!

click on the gif link I posted. you don't have to run 2 injectors per output, that's just what the default drawing has. it's the same for any version of megasquirt...

Wren, funny you said something about the bad links, i just updated 11 pages of pics and still see 11-14 have broken ones too. Will update the rest later.
Broke for speed, understood and thanks for the info!

each channel on microsquirt handles 4 high impedance injectors, or 4 low with resistor packs.

code allows for staging between inj. output A and then to B, but you will be running batch. with corn that's not usually a problem even if you have large injectors.

Back