• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

tThn4si.jpg

31p9OSS.jpg

k8NeRwt.jpg

Interesting. Yours have valve reliefs, I?m not sure my t5 set did. Still waiting on rods for my t6 set to ship.

They should have valve reliefs!?

Didn't get my rods. Josh shipped the pistons alone cause my machinist wants to get the block out of his shop and needed the pistons to drill the holes.

I didn't realize the T6 could be had with an 81mm bore.... thought only the 5 bangers offered the small bore / more boost capability. Should be an exciting inline 6! Have you fit checked already in the 740 engine bay? A definite improvement on the redblock rear distributor against the darn firewall!

Very interested... .and will follow your progress. I haven't been to Quebec City since... 30 years now! I know the food was spectacular.... and I nearly died skiing Mont Saint-Anne..... ;-)

I didn't realize the T6 could be had with an 81mm bore.... thought only the 5 bangers offered the small bore / more boost capability. Should be an exciting inline 6! Have you fit checked already in the 740 engine bay? A definite improvement on the redblock rear distributor against the darn firewall!

Very interested... .and will follow your progress. I haven't been to Quebec City since... 30 years now! I know the food was spectacular.... and I nearly died skiing Mont Saint-Anne..... ;-)

Yep... Same as the 2.3 T5 but with one more hole.

Can wait to drive this thing at 25 PSI of boost with the CD009 tranny.

Quebec City is still a very nice place to visit and have lunch. And though Mont Saint-Anne is a nice skiing venue you can drive 45 mins more and go skiing at Le Massif. This resort is much more developed than it was 30 years ago.

https://www.lemassif.com/en/

Nice! Is that the same cyl. bore L6 engine that LANKKU keeps building over in Finland?

He has tried a few in the past... 2.9 and 2.8L with various heads, cams and pistons combos. Mine is a B6284t from a twin turbo 1999 S80.

So... I took some measures of the CD009 + Whiteblock adapter with bellhousing and figured out where the shifter will end up using the Serial Nine shifter relocator system in a Volvo 740. I'm pretty pleased with the results. The distance between the front of the BH and the shifter lever if placed at it's most forward location on the Serial Nine adapter is 30 inches. So this means that you could place the shifter lever at 6 different locations in 1 inch increments between 30 and 35 inches from the face of the bellhousing. The distance between the back face of the block (for a T6 motor) and the middle of the motor mount is 14 1/8". If you add up that measure and the one from the BH front face and the shifter lever you end up with a 44 1/8" between the middle of the motor mount and the shift lever. I placed a measuring tape at 44 1/8" on the engine crossmember aligned with the middle point of the engine mount so the tip of the measuring tapes ends up where the shift lever should be on the transmission tunnel. Here are some pictures:

g8AG7zK.jpg

mOmXljO.jpg

1wACQVX.jpg

qUii1Dl.jpg

59d2dhN.jpg

I also had some concern with the clearance between the shifter relocator mounting on the tranny's shift rod and the Nissan Cdxx driveshaft skip yoke. Well there is plenty of space, at least with this shifter relocation adapter.

TTcNgQJ.jpg

I just don't know if these measurements can be applied for a T5 swap. Does the added cylinder of the T6 equate to added length towards the front of the back of the block in relation to the motor mounts?

Giving the old 740 a little bit of love. It's been there on a standstill resting on the candles for more than a year and a half. I went to the scrap yard this week to pick up a front suspension so I can get some wheels on and get her out of the garage for a much needed wash.

8FufNuA.jpg

pEjL0YF.jpg

Will finally start working on it again and make some progression on the build.

The rotating assembly is heading to the balancing shop next week.

Damn, has it been that long?

Yep... Time goes by they say!

I'm looking at this T6 intake mani that Brett Willett is fabricating. Nice piece of art and the price is reasonable.

Still tons of work to do and parts to buy/fabricate but I'm more motivated than ever!

Back