• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

Pre 93 Engines

First of all, this was a very informative post regarding the squirter installation and it's simplicity. Secondly, I have worked in the diesel industry for many years and "piston-coolers" are a must to cool the underside of the piston and prevent a melt-down condition from sustained boost and internal combustion pressures and temps.

One member posted a comment regarding pre 1993 b230 engines do not have these. I would like to know if this is true?

Yet another member mentioned about using the high-output oil pump using a different size drive gear to deliver more volumn and output. If a high output oil pump is needed this would be a very important detail that everyone needs to know about. Without a different oil pump the bottom end and even the valve train could be affected.

All information would be great for everyone.

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Jeff

One member posted a comment regarding pre 1993 b230 engines do not have these. I would like to know if this is true?
My motor, '92 B230, did not have these till I used this kit. So pre-93 B230's don't have them, B230FT's might have them a bit earlier.
Yet another member mentioned about using the high-output oil pump using a different size drive gear to deliver more volumn and output. If a high output oil pump is needed this would be a very important detail that everyone needs to know about. Without a different oil pump the bottom end and even the valve train could be affected.

I'm going to use my stock pump, as it's in good condition, and I'm going to up the pressure a little bit.

First of all, this was a very informative post regarding the squirter installation and it's simplicity. Secondly, I have worked in the diesel industry for many years and "piston-coolers" are a must to cool the underside of the piston and prevent a melt-down condition from sustained boost and internal combustion pressures and temps.

All information would be great for everyone.

Keep up the great work gentlemen.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,
Thanks for the kind words. I had hoped that this kit idea would catch on and that more boys with the older B21 and B23 motors would have latched on as well.
As for pumps, there is really only 2 pumps and I'm not sure if the old "Low volume" pump is encountered much in the aftermarket, it could be that suppliers only only all supplying the later high volume pump.

So far all the different brands I have seen differ in the box they come in and the pumps inside are the same.

Clearly the high volume pump is the way to go with the turbo motor and fersure with the 16v conversions with the extra cams and hydraulic lifters.

By the way, nobody here should be referred to as "gentlemen", :nono:
we're Turbobrickistas,:bow::mods:

The "gentlemen " are over on Brickboards or V-speed.:nancy:

sweet mod!

I am looking to do the same thing with VW 4 cyl blocks.

Could someone post a couple nice big clear pics of the bmw squirter by itself? Does it have a metal check ball on the galley end so that it only works under higher pressure?

Back