• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brand new '81 262C Bertone Coupe . . .

Come on now, don't skimp. Paint the hats on those rotors and the calipers while you're at it. You know you're never going to finish. :lol: Car is looking great Tom. Liking the gold pin stripe. Blends in rather than standing out with the black.

^^^ Agree -- the hat paint is easy. And using the 2-part (epoxy) caliper paint, you can do a presentable job with a brush leaving the caliper on the car.

What am I going to screw up if I sand blast the calipers in place? I don't mind pulling the bolts and hanging them up a bit but not sure I want to remove them and do all the bleeding again.

I would be VERY careful sandblasting near that new paint. Maybe just scuff with a red scotch brite pad and epoxy paint with a brush as mentioned above.

Blast????? Just clean them thoroughly, rough up where you can with sand paper or scotchbrite and a wire brush. Mask bleed screws, brake line connections, etc. I didn't even take them off. Mine on front held up beautifully for 12 years/30k+ miles; back are still going strong 16 years/40k miles later.

New Vettes have bright yellow. Just saying. Gray caliper paint from Eastwood would look OE.

I can still access pictures but it takes a while. I'm at 86% capacity. They want me to upgrade. I try to delete unimportant stuff to lower my storage. Haven't tried to upload anything new.

Doesn't matter. Unless you pay $400, you can't link your pictures to forums. So it's time to give up and move on to another hosting company.

And we should stop derailing this thread.

Back