• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac Brakes on a Volvo 240

Had a slight oversight with the original bracket...that why I make one out of cheap/free wood first.:)

Other than some clearance I had to make the bracket fits perfectly.

All ready to cut on Friday. I ordered a corner radius end mill so it will look a little better and reduce any sharp corners.

Inner rectangle is the actual size of the stock. Outer is a imaginary element added so i can pocket all of the stock out, then flip it over to mill off what is clamped in the vice.

Awesome. Good work. Wouldn't mind doing this myself. However, I lack that machining/creative skill.

Can you PM or post up a quick sketch of the bolt hole patterns and step height? I would like to see if there's any shot at making these fit a P80 car. That's a line that is in desperate need of a lower cost BBK.

Have you looked to see if there's a matching rear caliper?

Awesome work, btw. Thanks for sharing.

Had a slight oversight with the original bracket...that why I make one out of cheap/free wood first.:)

Other than some clearance I had to make the bracket fits perfectly.

All ready to cut on Friday. I ordered a corner radius end mill so it will look a little better and reduce any sharp corners.

Inner rectangle is the actual size of the stock. Outer is a imaginary element added so i can pocket all of the stock out, then flip it over to mill off what is clamped in the vice.

Nice, looks like maybe 50% tool coverage on a 1/2" tool or thereabouts?
Understood about the corner radius tool.
Nice trick with increasing the imaginary stock setup to enable programming as a pocket.
I just love that this type of stuff is being made by people for 240s.
Looking forward to hearing what the results are like.

Nice, looks like maybe 50% tool coverage on a 1/2" tool or thereabouts?
Understood about the corner radius tool.
Nice trick with increasing the imaginary stock setup to enable programming as a pocket.
I just love that this type of stuff is being made by people for 240s.
Looking forward to hearing what the results are like.

Almost.....40%. I like to go a bit under half since my machine does not have a great deal of HP.

Can you PM or post up a quick sketch of the bolt hole patterns and step height? I would like to see if there's any shot at making these fit a P80 car. That's a line that is in desperate need of a lower cost BBK.

Have you looked to see if there's a matching rear caliper?

Awesome work, btw. Thanks for sharing.

Send me your email via PM. I can send you a drawing PDF.

I finished brackets yesterday. I need to work on getting brake lines made this week. The plan is to convert to a single line and mate one of the original hard lines coming form the hose to a banjo fitting.

Machining this on our Bridgeport Series II CNC takes a while, but it does the job.

Great work. I'm down too. I know that's not what you were planning but I hope you end up making them. Again, great work!

Where can I send my money!? Let me know if you end up making a batch. Worst case, I have a friend that runs a HAAS machine for a living, I am sure he could cut a batch for those interested. That is of course, you don't mind us using your drawing.

Back