• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Hi folks,

Instead of getting something sensible, I was mesmerized by the letter "T" and the number "6" and foolishly purchased my first FWD Volvo, a 1999 S80 T6.

I'm sorry you bought the absolute worst Volvo ever built :(

I'm sorry you bought the absolute worst Volvo ever built :(

Heh,
It was a pretty disappointing car, to be sure.

The 81mm bore B6284T seems like one of the nicer things Volvo has built though.

You'd never know it by driving the car.

Turned the right way around, and feeding a manual transmission in a 245, I think it would be very nice indeed.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/bar/d/lifted-1990-volvo-740-turbo/6771142214.html

Who is this? :lol:

00m0m_hLWSx8HHNO6_600x450.jpg

How's everyone these days? Continuing the mass exodus to Across the River? Hiding at home with younger children? Building massive, turbocharged, manual-transmission'd beasts? None of the above?

Pretty good,
Doubled down on East Van with a basement reno,
Kid is old enough to leave unsupervised,
Bought tiny, 14 hp, 61-year-old tin snail,
so, none?

Pretty good too.
Extending roots in Surrey.
A 2.5-year-old and a 5-month-old are a bit of work.
Slow 240 is slow. Black 940 waiting for a manual tranny swap that's just sitting in the shop.
One day...

Currently on my 29th straight day of work and questioning many many things, including life choices and sanity. AMG hasn't been driven since Oct because of time needed to repair, driving the Fridge regularly. Still on the right side of the bridge, near commercial drive. Hoping to do some work to both Fridge and AMG this year.

Mark.

Anyone looking for a set of VST monoblocks with P80 specs?

Or a set of Sleipner or Thor wheels?

Unless someone is looking for a set of Geminis ;p

Just raising kids and still in North North White Rock. Bert is sleeping in the garage waiting for my motivation to kick in. I have a C30 5 spd I need to sell. A V50 I am thinking of doing stuff to. A XC 60 that is used as the kid hauler. I am dreaming of being able to host a South Surrey Sausage fest at some time in the future.

If anyone buys that 242 for parts, I will buy the tail lights, window regulators, b21 intake, seat hinges,(or whole seats if not totally ratched) and some other stuff.
I'd buy it myself but it doesn't come with divorce papers...... :omg:

Back