• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TD05-12B dead what to do now

Death{AW}

So my turbo died again. I guess I mess up rebuild or there is something wrong with it. So now my choices bring it to shop and let them rebuild it, or find a shop that would upgrade it :). Any other ideas and any advice what shop to use to upgrade my turbo or even rebuild one?

Thnx

td05-15g I have 89 so I have still old style manifold will 15g will bolt in in place of old one or I will have to do some modifications?

Upgrade to the newer manifold (make sure it is ported). Seeing as you have to pull the whole manifold/turbo just to change the turbo, you might as well. Then you don't HAVE to pull the manifold to change turbos down the road, as well as getting better performance from the improved design.

Oh I did not remove manifold. Only turbo all the pipes and intercooler. Since all is covered in oil I had like 2 quarts of oil in the intercooler. I just want to decide which way to go. I have 4 weekends to make this car drivable :-D

The Mitsubishi TD05-12B is bolted to the manifold from the back side of said manifold. Are you sure that you have a Mitsubishi TD05-12B and not a Garrett turbo?

I want whatever it will be easy to bolt on in place of my stock one. I dont have welder so can do any custom stuff for now. I will ask around maybe one of my friends have welder and skills using it :-D I dont mind cutting drilling and stuff like that just welding right now is not an option. Unless I will find somebody who can do it for me :-D

nope I removed flange that goes around cartridge and hotside of turbo and took it this way out. :-D so Hot side is still hooked up to manifold and rest of the turbo is out.

Back