• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Is there a decent 940 tech in Sacramento?

roncow

My 94 945t developed a sudden performance problem: It ran rough and lost power. I replaced plugs, wires, fuel pumps, etc. Some improvement, but it still has it has a bad stumble on acceleration.
I had recently replaced the head gasket with a Cometic and it was running great. Then, one morning, this gremlin just showed up out of nowhere.

Reaching the limit of my knowledge, I took it to a "Volvo" shop in Auburn. They kept it for 3 months, dicked around and couldn't fix it. Then I took it to SVS- the self-proclaimed experts. They initially told me it had a bad MAF, then the wrong plugs, then a bad ECU. None of these turned out to be the problem.

I've swapped all the above mentioned parts, and no change. It starts and idles, and will run sort of OK under light acceleration. But under moderate acceleration, will miss and buck as if it were losing spark.

I've got lots invested in this car, hate to dump it. SO.. does anyone have any other suggestions- or know of someone who might be able to sort this out?

Could be a handful of things, need more testing to confirm. If you are game to drive to sac I can help you walk thru some things. I have a spare parts bin, a decade of messing with mine, and know 2.4 really well.

I will refrain from my comments on SVS.

Complete guess as I'm only familiar with LH2.2, but is your hall sensor working as it should, or does it definitely seem to be a fueling issue vs ignition or vice versa?

I could probably limp it to Sacto..got me home from SVS. So, yeah, gsellstr- I'd be most appreciative for help and advice. Wanna PM address/phone #?
No Hall sensor on this one...the fuel system is mostly new. But it could be either-that's why I'm at a loss.

Back