• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

945 b230fb+t

Brotkasten

Jonas
I bought my first car and Volvo in 2017 when I was 19 y/o.

1991 945 B230FB with 215.000 miles on it and already installed perfect condition 740 seats and a
KAW Pluskit suspension.

Finally I want to get this thread started! Already lost a lot because I often dont think about taking pictures...

Before putting on the turbo I did the following:
Measured compression, Changed the headgasket and inspected the engine from inside, checked the valve timing.

What's done:

Suspension:
- CMS C4 17" Alus / Peugeot 17" Steelies with 25mm spacers
- KAW Pluskit suspension
- DIY Strut brace
- Lower Turbo Brace

Engine:
- TD04H 13C Turbo (FK Version for now)
- Catchcan install
- Turbo ECU
- Big turbo radiator
- Air oil cooler
- V70 Injectors
- Stock intercooler
- Turbo rebuild
- Wasted Spark conversion kit (BTI)
- HKS SSQV BOV

Gearbox:
- M90 Gearbox
- Single mass flywheel
- Diesel clutch kit

Interior:
- 940 early leather seats
- Custom center console

Exterior:
- Roof rack mounted
- Fog light install
- Turbo grill

Electric:
- Keyless Entry system added
- Gages and Lighting

What I'm going to do:

Interior:
- Redo hanging headliner

Cant really post more images atm. For more you can visit me on Instagram @jag.rullar

WTE1Vqml.jpg

45ALIXHl.jpg

ZHDs4Ahl.jpg

fwgQiWKl.jpg

Last edited:
I cleaned the crankcase breather box yesterday.
The removal and installation was easier than i thought.

Before the +T I noticed oil leaking out of the oil cap from time to time. After the +T there was a bit of blue smoke for 1-2 seconds sometimes (on a really hot day), but no oil leaking out of the oil cap.

I just hooked up the garden hose to the outlet. It all shot out in a matter of seconds! Probably has never been cleaned. I then flushed it with diesel and left it to dry in the sun.

There was no blue smoke at all on a two hour drive and the idle is much smoother (I could just imagine it).

Installed the oil cooler today.

It's a cheap (160$) ebay one with a thermostat set to ~80?C.

IBRH0bdl.jpg

The cooler itself looks and feels to be of really high quality!

0YOZhU7l.jpg

The sandwich plate came with a 3/4" extension the the filter thread. To gain clearance with the motor mount I had to use a OC606 oil filter (thank you MadDog!). If your oil filter is relocated there is no reason for that.

8ixcrsNl.jpg

The hose was a bit short (40") so my mounting has to wait until I get extensions.

qieCanDl.jpg

Conclusion:

The water temp gauge stays a tiny bit upfront the middle position while cruising. On load it centers and then quickly returns when off load.

Hey man looking good! Quick question, is that oil cooler a direct bolt on to the block, have a link to it? My car is in need of a cooler bad..Wondering if it'll clear the mount on a 240 with the big mann filter. I was worried about a universal oil cooler not having the correct length and thread pitch bolt for the cooler>block.

The oil filter has a 3/4" thread. My kit (as most of them) had that sized thread extension . You will need the OC606 filter if you dont have the relocation mount that turbos have.

Back