• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2 paint or not 2 paint

Dug strickler

Mr $ bags(but not really)
300+ Club
Between Harrisburg, Hershey & Lancaster PA
I never start these kind of threads but I just wanted to know how many peeps like the indicator lights under the bezels painted as opposed to unpainted on 700's. I think painted looks better like petta's car. Or should I just do a whole front end conversion like my Blue LT1 BBS 745 twin? His 7 is sharp too. What year and model Volvo can I find a front end like the bottom pic and will it bolt up? Am I gonna need the fenders & hood too? Help!:omg:
2207341_21_full.jpg

2207341_20_full.jpg

2207341_24_full.jpg

2207341_22_full.jpg

2207341_23_full.jpg

Last edited:
I love how your car looks as is... I think any change could ruin the look, especially an entire front end swap.

Neither. E-codes. Amerikun rectangular sealed beams are hideous. I like the painted better though. Chrome on 700s makes them look even more granny and gaudy. Chrome, in moderation on 200s makes them look sort of classy and not like an IROC. Opinions and assholes of course.

91+ 740/940 fenders & hood, 940 w/ foglights for the correct stuff behind the grille for the E-codes and grille on that silver car you posted

so a 940 turbo like mine would have all you need besides the ecodes

dug, what makes pettas car look so good is the fact that he masked and painted a volvo eggcrate, its not only the lenses under, if you see what im talking about... your grill is custom (obviously) and gives a wider "mouth", thusly the painted lenses don't flow just right. i vote leave it alone. and the 940 ecode conversion is over-hyped.

if you are planning on converting.... the S/V is probably the nicest.

with the s/v front, looking into other s/v options are also recommended, anything from the roof rack to the door panels, steering wheel, gear lever, door handles... all make for a nice, clean touch.

The White wagon looks like a BMW 6 series with the lights painted... Not my style.

If anything, I'd go E-codes. But I think it looks ****ing hot just the way it is.

Well your car and "petta's" car are different. his is body color on the indicators and black on the bezels. yours is body color all over. his looks better.

but the best over all here is the front end conversion.

compare yours and petta's car more closely and you'll see the differences. look at what is body color and waht is black comparitively.

quad lights just make it look more old school badass. the "newer" fornt ends are blehhh.. 2UBER BIG lights..not classy at all:-D :-D :-D :-P :-P

Back