• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 What brackets were used with both a York A/C compressor and early-style PS pump?

jamesinc

WD-40 Enthusiast
I'm having a hard time working this out.

A popular mod is to delete A/C and get the very desirable "a/c delete" power steering bracket. I actually want to do the reverse. I have a York compressor mounted down low, and I want to mount one of the early style power steering pumps above it. The kind with metal reservoir built into the pump.

I can't find any information on what bracket is needed to do this.

It uses a big steel accessory bracket with studs instead of bolts, and an alloy bracket on top of that for the AC compressor & PS pump.

Ah, my '77 244 has a steel bracket. Is this what you are referring to? (NB: this is not the 244 I'm trying to add power steering to)

DZXFG83l.jpg

Not sure that looks like an early York compressor.

Doesn't LT have something in his schwag piles for you?

He has brackets from a B230, but I'd have to swap out the York for a screw-type compressor. If I have to go that route I will, but I guess I'm a stickler for originality.

Do it, do it, do it. The later Sanden/Diesel-Kiki compressors are swashplate and with up to 10 cylinders (5 on each end). They are noticeably smoother and quieter.

Apparently you can't use the bracket from a B230, because the harmonic balancer on a B23 is different, so the belts won't line up correctly.

Back