• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fabricator Call Out! Who wants to build 7/9 Brembo mounts?

Pillow

Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
We have plenty of gifted fabricators and board manufacturing companies here...

Someone please step up and make Brembo mounts for the 7/9 crowd.

The NEW 4 Pot Brembo calipers are dirt cheap for what they are at @122 each shipped. I've run these on 3 other cars and love them, the feel between comparably sized sliders and a true 4 pot is noticeable.

Run with the Volvo R 330 rotors and you are pretty close to the ATS rotor. See the specs. The only worry is that the 330 is too thick by 2mm, IDK if that is a deal breaker or not. Offset is actually deeper for the ATS Brembo making a 6mm spacer unnecessary for this conversion.

All the data I could find on the quick:
700/900 Brembo Big Brake Upgrade

Caliper:
ACDelco 172-2768 GM Original Equipment Front Passenger Side Disc Brake Caliper Assembly
ACDelco 172-2777 GM Original Equipment Front Driver Side Disc Brake Caliper Assembly
4-Pot Brembo claiper from Cadillac ATS and XTS (perhaps others like Cobalt SS, G8, and Camaro SS)
$121.95

Volvo S60-R Rotors
Centric 125.39035 Disc Brake Rotor
Outer Dia. 330 mm
Height 50.5 mm
Nom Thick 32 mm
Min Thick 30 mm

Cadillac ATS Rotor
Centric 125.62138 Disc Brake Rotor
Outer Dia. 321 mm
Height 61 mm
Nom Thick 30 mm
Min Thick 27 mm

Volvo 740/940/960 Rotor
Centric 121.39016 Disc Brake Rotor
Outer Dia. 280 mm
Height 56.3 mm
Nom Thick 26 mm
Min Thick 24 mm

... I can bankroll some of this and send parts to a reputable fabricator if it helps.

Thanks for your consideration!

I already gave Roger-Dee (DeeWorks) an ATS 4 pot caliper and a 1990 Volvo 740 NA front suspension strut assembly so he can fabricate the adapters for these calipers...

Dang, good stuff! The previous searched threads led to cliffhangers of inaction for 7/9 world.

STS did a great job on the LS mounts so I could see them having a nice adapter mount for the S60R calipers. Here is the rub... All those calipers are 10+ years old now and more expensive used than the BNIB ATS calipers... I see the market demand shifting IMO.

Poulrais, keep me posted on that progress... Or I can hit them up as well to show market demand ;) I'm already lining up for their T6 to Ford T5 adapter kit on the 965.

Thanks!!!

Dang, good stuff! The previous searched threads led to cliffhangers of inaction for 7/9 world.

STS did a great job on the LS mounts so I could see them having a nice adapter mount for the S60R calipers. Here is the rub... All those calipers are 10+ years old now and more expensive used than the BNIB ATS calipers... I see the market demand shifting IMO.

Poulrais, keep me posted on that progress... Or I can hit them up as well to show market demand ;) I'm already lining up for their T6 to Ford T5 adapter kit on the 965.

Thanks!!!

You can always hit Roger-Dee here:

https://www.facebook.com/deeworks.ca/

Probabbsly Dale's version, I got a full set also, still gotta put them on my car. Those guys at STS also got the Files for that. The rotors are huge! Same deal on mine anyway 17 inch wheels.

Thanks!!!

+1 Ats calipers would be easier and cheaper to source. I hope someone can do some adapters.

Also, on FB Roger posted an adapter he made for 4 pot "Colorado" calipers to work with 12" rotors. What Colorado is he talking about? The Chevy truck? There aren't any details on his regular web page.

Back