• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Blow thru AMM

Renny_D

I know it's been done and I'm seriously considering it but I can't find any pics or info on how it was done and where it was placed. The two reasons I'd want to do this is to shorten the lag between what the go pedal asks for and what the Ecu sees, there is a lag as I see it on my afrs. Reason two is to be able to run a blow off valve since I now have that with the new turbo.

I know it has to be mounted pre Nitrous - I may move the Nitrous to the intake manifold. But the big question for me is can I use some sort of stock volvo harness section to do this? The NA amm is on that side. Does it have a longer harness and if so is there some place where it connects before the firewall. I'd love to just go to a pnp and grab one but I need to know if there is one that can be pluged in place of the turbo one that will reach that side of the car? Ifn' ya know please pipe up.

Thanks
Renny

i don't know if work took an ugly toll on my brain today, but once i get to that second paragraph i totally lose track of what you're trying to do/what you're got going on...

Renny, talk to Isaiah (Obeharskad122s). He's run his AMM in the cold side IC pipe for years now, he's had no issues with it... :e-shrug:

I did it on the hot side of my 740(lh 2.2)and it would not run right..

...I did run a blow-through vam on the Merk for about a year with no problems though.Different animal though.
If it was an option that is how I would run mine,with just a nice filter on the front of the turbo,ahhh that sweet sound!

Mike,

Wouldn't it still read the same since instead of being sucked thru it would be pushed thru? The same amount of air is still going past it, whether it's on the pre or post-turbo side. The same amount of air should give the same or similar readings, but with the temps being what the engine is actually seeing instead of ambient, the AFR's should be much closer to what's needed.

Just my .02 worth

Get Isaiah to post in here rather than PM - I'm interested to know what the percieved benefits are, procedures to moving the AMM, etc.

Kappy Bondo did it to, IIRC. Kennay, what's the secret?

sam ran one for a little while, and then swapped back. I dont recall if he liked or disliked it, it might have been harder on the amm. :shrug:

as far as extensions, he just extended the stock harness and rocked it out like that.

In a 240 the amm wires are direct to the computers or ground no plug that I remember seeing. But you can buy replacement wire connectors and a crimping tool from eagleday.com and not simply splice in wires to lengthen it.

Back