• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Drift volvo opinions.

Drift the volvo or buy something else

• Yes keep it turbo and more angle/better suspension

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • No sell it

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Bacon

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • buy a 240sx

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
I guess ill just turbo the b21f and buy the mustang for the t5 and part it out. its only 700.

It seems like alot of people with 5.0 swaps end up with 250-260 hp after they put the "GT40" heads and "P" manifolds which is about the same as you can get with a td04hl swap... although you will have more torque with the v8 which has some merrits for drifting but i dont know if its worth the weight penalty.

yeah and the cars rear end is already light. lh2.2 positions off the distributor correct? so the swap would be easy to throw onto a b21f without a flywheel/ sensor in the back.

yea, you can use the lh2.2 distributor to get a timing signal. Thats how i triggered my MS setup or you can get one of the yoshifab dsm cas adapters.

well lh2.2 it is. anyone have a lh2.2 harness, ecu, afm, distributor, and coolant temp sensor for sale? lol

Ben you'll have an order for roll center correctors and 32mm wheel spacers and studs soon.

awesome. Im ordering your steering wheel adapter today. drifting sucks with a wheel big enough to turn a cargo ship.

edit- just ordered your steering wheel adapter, would you mind throwing in some stickers so I can rep at the next event. :oogle:

Thanks,
-Austin

Last edited:
well lh2.2 it is. anyone have a lh2.2 harness, ecu, afm, distributor, and coolant temp sensor for sale? lol

Ben you'll have an order for roll center correctors and 32mm wheel spacers and studs soon.

The only year 240 that had LH2.2 without the biodegradable harness was 1988. If you can find it, you're in business. The others years probably aren't worth your time unless it is an improved replacement harness.

LH2.2 harnesses CAN be taken from 740s and 760s. Takes a little more effort to pull out the wiring you want, as well as a little variation in how you wire it all up, but it'll work all the same. I just converted KJet over to LH2.2 from a 760, and it is working flawlessly. Prior planning made all of the difference. You'll want a distributor from an LH2.2 Volvo if this is going into a 240, but the ECU/AFM/CTS and so on can all be pulled from a 760. It took an hour or two to pull the harness from the 760, and was a bit of a hassle... But at this point, the odds of finding a pristine 89 are getting a little tough. Plenty of LH2.2 7 series cars out there, however. It's still much easier than trying to go to LH2.4. On the bonus side, a lot of the LH2.2 components (like the dizzy) make it easier to go to a basic Megasquirt setup some time in the future, if need be.

Last edited:
The only year 240 that had LH2.2 without the biodegradable harness was 1989. If you can find it, you're in business. The others years probably aren't worth your time unless it is an improved replacement harness.

LH2.2 harnesses CAN be taken from 740s and 760s. Takes a little more effort to pull out the wiring you want, as well as a little variation in how you wire it all up, but it'll work all the same. I just converted KJet over to LH2.2 from a 760, and it is working flawlessly. Prior planning made all of the difference. You'll want a distributor from an LH2.2 Volvo if this is going into a 240, but the ECU/AFM/CTS and so on can all be pulled from a 760. It took an hour or two to pull the harness from the 760, and was a bit of a hassle... But at this point, the odds of finding a pristine 89 are getting a little tough. Plenty of LH2.2 7 series cars out there, however. It's still much easier than trying to go to LH2.4. On the bonus side, a lot of the LH2.2 components (like the dizzy) make it easier to go to a basic Megasquirt setup some time in the future, if need be.

'89 was 2.4. '88 was pretty good, and 2.2

Thanks for the info. sneaky...drifting is controlling a car while it is sliding sideways and maintaining a high angle and high speed. Doesn't sound like much but its actually difficult and a ton of fun. try it you will enjoy it.

'89 was 2.4. '88 was pretty good, and 2.2

Thanks for the correction. Pulled the LH info from DIYAutoTune on a generic Volvo 240 LH2.2 Google search, but it looks like their info is wrong. That being said, we've got an '89 245 in the family, so I guess I should have known better!

Speaking of wiring... I should post my pictures and setup in the "KJet to LH2.2" thread so that others can get an idea of what the 760 swap entailed. Not all that different, but there were definitely some variations that should be mentioned for the sake of others who may be headed down the same path.

I got my lh2.2 stuff from an 88 240 an it literally took like 20 mins to pull everything an since the harness it going into a 240 it makes install slightly easier than a 7 series harness because well it was made for a 240 lol.

That being said, we've got an '89 245 in the family, so I guess I should have known better!
Does it still have the pink label 561 ECU? White label is better, -951 better still. Have a spare on hand, or just replace it now as preventative maintenance.

It kills me when i go to drift events and there is nothing but 240sx there.

Either boost plus t-5 swap or LS swap. For amateur/pro-am level LS motor makes more sense then the other V8s.

I would love to do a carbed ls with msd ignition control but it would be costly especially with the t56 that would have to go behind it

Back