• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bruh : The Thread[Matt's 945]

okay so i put a new cap and rotor and a new coil in yesterday.

the plug wires i bought were too short and i somehow lost the socket to replace the plugs.

go me. i feel like th plugs are still good because they've only been in for like 25k.

it breaks up like a m'****a when i free revved it after putting the battery back in.

could that just be the car re-learning itself after not having a battery in it?

okay so.

it does The Thing again. when the car is cold, if you try and give it throttle to say like, accelerate away from a stop light or to turn onto a main road, the car hesitates and stumbles and feels like its gonna shut off on ya before going. like it goes WAY flat.

i have no idea man

33132563114_c513f505fc_c.jpg

Gonna have a buddy put a coolant temp sensor in it for me.

Why own an old rear wheel drive Volvo if you can't be bothered to or don't have the skills to change the coolant temperature sensor?

Lack the skill, time, and patience to do it.

Wut.

IIRC all you need is the right sized socket, a rachet and I think I used a couple extensions, one with a wobble end. Took me like 5 minutes.

:edit: Well, I guess I popped the CHARGE PIPE off the intake and moved the IAC out of the way too, but seriously it doesn't take long.

C'mon cuh.

I was told it was a pain in the balls that requires the intake manifold to come off.

This is the one under the third intake runner, not the second.

Last edited:
I was told it was a pain in the balls that requires the intake manifold to come off.

I haven't had to in the past. Even then, taking the intake off is pretty easy too. Keep in mind I'm not a "LS swap over the weekend" sorta guy, so if I say it isn't too bad... it's not too bad.

This is the one under the third intake runner, not the second.

Yep, one towards the front of the car is for the dash gauge. The one towards the back of the head isn't that bad to get to.

Last edited:
I don't think y'all understand the levels of fear I have of breaking **** when attempting to fix something because I can't have a car staying overnight on the road taken half apart, and I don't have the money to afford if I break something.

You also have a garage or somewhere covered to do this, not on the side of the street lmao.

I've worked on cars in parts store parking lots, gravel parking lots, on the side of the road, etc. But yes, I now have a garage.

I don't think y'all understand the levels of fear I have of breaking **** when attempting to fix something because I can't have a car staying overnight on the road taken half apart, and I don't have the money to afford if I break something.

I understand where you're coming from. I also fear screwing something up. Almost every repair you do, something won't go as planned. Sometimes it's a little thing, sometimes it's a big thing. Sometimes I panic in those instances (darn you, lack of self confidence); but I've never, not gotten it fixed. My motivator is that I save $$$$ doing it myself. And as much of an idiot as I think I am, I choose the right parts and I take the time to do the job right.

Bottom line: you learn by doing.

34147514555_e7b5cb013c_c.jpg

Taking it to emissions tomorrow to fail so I can re-register it. Neat.

...might be buying another car too. Well, re-buying. It's one of the crossed out ones in my signature. :ninja:

Back