• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shameless Galaxy/Polaris whoring thread

hmmm. maybe i'll be whoring galaxys on my car as wel.... im very very tempted to buy the set :badboy:

EDIT: I didn't win the auction :( , ah well, that saved a lot of money too :-P
more money for other parts...

Last edited:
You know they are teh pimp-ness, JW240... Go for it.... OR NOT, let it just be two or three of us here with them, hehehe..

This must be the right thread to post my centercaps question

Hi

Did anybody have problems fitting Polaris centercaps to a 240?
I know I do. Rear ones fit just fine, but front bearing cap protrudes too much to the outside so I can't make the wheel cap fit!
Anybody have an idea how to work this around except hammer the bearing cap flat?

Thanks!
Andrew

Here is a couple shots.

IMG_1006.jpg

P2100025.jpg

I've posted 'em before but can't say no to a Galaxy thread!

big_2402.jpg

7-10.jpg

The car has since had a properly painted front spoiler on, the petrol cap replaced and the stickers taken off :)

This is what it looked like when I got it too:

0-3.jpg

Enquired at Stratstone in Birmingham yesterday about the price of Polaris wheels - ?292.00 per wheel without tyres. Not so sure I want them now LOL:omg:

Can we ban fake Polaris from this thread please? It's far too full of these common Yankee dogs and their soft copies at present :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: They can be had for ~£100 a rim brand new if you know where to look.

cheers

James

foggyjames said:
Can we ban fake Polaris from this thread please? It's far too full of these common Yankee dogs and their soft copies at present :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: They can be had for ~?100 a rim brand new if you know where to look.

cheers

James

Where's that then James? I could buy one a month! :-P

They were on German eBay a few weeks back, and have been several times. I think they were about ?120 a rim.

cheers

James

Hi,

As someone seems to like these wheels.....

940_1381a.jpg

:cool:
940_1382a1.jpg

:love:
940_1385a.jpg

:urgod:

What I would like to know is what wheel size would I be looking for to up the size from 16" to 17" ...

Any info would be appreciated..

Des. . . ;-)

foggyjames said:

EDIT: They can be had for ~£100 a rim brand new if you know where to look.

cheers

James

Wow, that's harsh. You know, I was supporting the UK in the World Cup...now, not so much.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers from a Common Yankee Dog

Last edited:
We don't deserve to win, given how we're playing at the moment! I've got to get a cheap point in while I can before someone mentions 240 turbos, 242s, 780s, etc, etc...

Des...are you looking to sell your Galaxies when you upgrade to 17s? If so, give me a shout. I'm only just up the road in Newark, and a I have a 240 which is looking lonely on steels. Give me a shout anyway, and we'll meet up some time. There's a VOC meet at a pub in Oxton every month, and I'm sure you'd be allowed to come along as long as you agree to listen to why you should join :)

Are you asking what tyre size you need? My housemate has Polaris (yes, the real kind you Eiker people :rofl:), and he's rolling on 215/40s or something like that. I think 225/45s are more common and better value. I can check those figures tomorrow.

cheers

James

foggyjames said:
We don't deserve to win, given how we're playing at the moment! I've got to get a cheap point in while I can before someone mentions 240 turbos, 242s, 780s, etc, etc...

James

ive got a 242, so i dont know what your on about foggy :-P :rofl:
I NEED POLARIS ON MY 945!
Griz

I like the XC90 rims you have on the 900 Griz, love them, if I had the choice between the Polaris and the rims you have, I'd choose them.

foggyjames said:
Are you asking what tyre size you need? My housemate has Polaris (yes, the real kind you Eiker people :rofl:), and he's rolling on 215/40s or something like that. I think 225/45s are more common and better value. I can check those figures tomorrow.

cheers

James

Hey, your not coming any where near my wheels. It took ages to clean them last time.

Tyre size on rear is 225/45 and the fronts are 215/45. I will be going to 225 on the front when the tyres need replacing.

Hope to see you soon anyway ctcnetwork.

Back