• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

line locks baby!!!

TURBO_Volvo_Dan!!

BMW Fixer
i am putting a line lock type deal on my car. i will press a button, and then when i press the break i will only be using my fronts, so i can do mad burnouts:-D , i am going to put a little soliniod on the rear break lines so the wont get any fluid when i turn on the solenoid so i can lock up my fronts hard, but not the rears. i hope i explained well enough. peace out

I'm guessing you've got an autotrajic then.

For a manual transmission (and an auto, in my opinion) a better way is to put it on the front brakes, press the brake and activate the linelock to lock the pressure in the front brake circuit. Get off the brakes and the pressure is retained in the front brakes. Proceed to destroy perfectly good tyres.:-D

Only two real uses for a line loc. One is at burnout to warm up the the slicks and the other - if it's a good one meaning it releases quickly, is to help your launch especially with a stick. In my old chevelle, I'd line up at the light lock and ease the clutch out to initial engagement so that I could take up all the slack in the drive train. Helped my times and helped to keep drive train parts together. Other than that, if ya wanna do mad burn outs make some powwaa.

Renny

I use a B + M launch controller wired up in reverse, and swapped the button for a switch so I didn`t have to keep my finger on it ....

Makes it hard to get a good launch if you forget to turn it off though !!!

Cheers Mike

ok, not that i don't enjoy the banter but, is anyone actually going to answer the question? preferable someone with first hand knowledge. Either way, pass or fail ... you will not be graded on your answers...

ok, not that i don't enjoy the banter but, is anyone actually going to answer the question? preferable someone with first hand knowledge. Either way, pass or fail ... you will not be graded on your answers...

your foot would still have to be on the pedal, you'd want to modify the rear circuit, giving it a false lock-up signal so that no pressure is supplied

I wouldn't monkey with the abs system, spend the $75 or so and do it correctly

just use a normal line lock, and just use it to block flow to the rear wheels...not to hold pressure on the front wheels. (if anything happens you're quicker taking your foot off the brakes than finding that solenoid switch.

haha i tried the old 'just lean on the brakes a bit and rely on the rears being rubbish trick' in my 240 a couple of years ago, just starting spinning the rears then something went cruch! crash shifted it all the way home and later found out i'd pulled all the friction material of the plate :rofl:
I'll be fitting a line lock to the rear system rather than the front so that slow rolling burnouts are possible.

Back