• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 + 240 - Mountain of issues.....no more like Ant Hill

Hahah good point! I would hate to know what DNREC or local authorities would say the transmission oil stain in the driveway from the leak I caused last night! I got 95% of it up with paper towels! ;0

While I was re-sealing my AW70 a couple of years ago my neighbour re-named my car the Exxon Valdez. When working on the transmission it doesn't matter how much I drain, plug and dam I still seem to wind up wearing / spilling a significant quantity of fluid.

My best effort though was leaving the oil drain plug in the bucket and pouring 4L ($100 worth) of oil into the motor that went straight on the driveway. At least it was clean.

While I was re-sealing my AW70 a couple of years ago my neighbour re-named my car the Exxon Valdez. When working on the transmission it doesn't matter how much I drain, plug and dam I still seem to wind up wearing / spilling a significant quantity of fluid.

My best effort though was leaving the oil drain plug in the bucket and pouring 4L ($100 worth) of oil into the motor that went straight on the driveway. At least it was clean.

Ya, it's a pain, it better seal back up properly!

pic one is the Dingus Hose.

Cruise control system is offended!

haha.

I am gonna guess windshield leak and/or washer arm grommet leaks. My 245 leaks from bottom driver corner. Pulled off loose windshield trim piece flapping in the wind to find soggy adhesive at the bottom. I plan to get a 1991+?/1992+ (forgot...) windshield. It comes with new rubber seal and ditches the crappy windshield trim piece.

looked at your windshield pic. Looks like somebody already put in the later style windshield in your car. That aint 1990 stock stuff! Probably a bad install/bad seal is causing the leak.

This car is a 1993! Honestly, I don't think it is leaking from the windshield at all, I think it is just that hose, going to Lowes right now to see if I can find heavy duty tape to suffice until I can find a replacement hose!

This is why I keep a few large boxes folded flat in the garage. Anytime I'm doing work under the car be it oil changes or brake jobs, etc. I always lay a large piece of cardboard in the work area. No oil, fluids on the ground. Even when spraying some PB Blaster or similar it just drips onto the cardboard.

This is why I keep a few large boxes folded flat in the garage. Anytime I'm doing work under the car be it oil changes or brake jobs, etc. I always lay a large piece of cardboard in the work area. No oil, fluids on the ground. Even when spraying some PB Blaster or similar it just drips onto the cardboard.

This is a good point! We installed a storm door on my back porch, I brought the box to my parents house to use for Old Iron, I didn't feel like breaking any of the boxes down to use, honestly, didn't even realize I would need it for a simple Selonoid job.

Last edited:
Ok guys, so I repaired the wire for the over drive! Yet, the realy is still making a buzzzzzzzzzzz sound when I turn the car on! I am stumped now!?

So you've fixed the wiring issue on the harness going from the solenoid up to the relay? Otherwise the old relay and old solenoid are still in place?

I out a better selonoid in from a car that worked prior to bein parted out! I repaired the broken wire! So I am at a lose!

I tried a few know good relays!?

Uh I would check voltage going into the relay and the ground for it. Then also trace the rest of the circuit. Multimeter time!!!

Uh I would check voltage going into the relay and the ground for it. Then also trace the rest of the circuit. Multimeter time!!!

Your not lying. I am going to have to give up trying to look for my multimeter and just go buy a replacement! DANG!

I will check for the ground, if I can locate it!

Ok guys, so I repaired the wire for the over drive! Yet, the realy is still making a buzzzzzzzzzzz sound when I turn the car on! I am stumped now!?

Whenever a relay turns into a buzzer you should look for corrosion in the power path to the relay. In your case, the most likely place is at the end of the fuse #11. Just give it a spin. I'll spare you the technical explanation. :-D

Now that I am clear headed in the morning, yeah power issue to relay seems most likely. The outputs or signal wire wouldn't cause it. When a component is low on juice it can act funny. Buzzing, clicking back and forth, etc.

I found the fuse blown last week, I replaced it with a new one and that one blew! I put another and it has not blown since! I have not had a chance to clean the slot which that particular fuse sits, not that that will help!?

Back