• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

98 S70 blower motor kaput.

245Mike

So my neighbor got a 98 V70 for free but the blower motor doesn't work. When you slid the switch over you can hear a noise but then it stops in a second or two.

Is this a common problem with these? Could it be a relay crapping out? Or is it most likely the actual motor crapping out?

Thanks for any help!

There is a piece called the "resistor" that is in reality a motor controller that could be broken in addition to the motor itself being fried. It's fairly common for the "resistor" to die. I had to replace mine on my 2005 S60R.

Most likely it's the blower but I've seen the resistor go also. Take note out or put live power and ground to the blower to see if it works

You can get one from the yard, just bring a jump pack or something along those lines to send 12v to it and make sure it works. Caution: Do not hold blower motor in hand while testing. That **** will jump all over the place when not bolted down.

It's not the same.

On the S70, it is downstream of the blower motor mounted on the front (as in facing you) of the climate box. One screw holds it in and two connectors to remove. Simple.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lpNadW8Dfkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, it turns out it was the blower motor. Probabley the easist thing I've ever done on ANY car. First One I pulled from PnP worked :) Thanks gang! :)

Back