• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Where does this piece go in my front seat?

wyatt8740

I ripped apart two 200 series front seats (donor car's passenger side, daily driver's driver side) to swap the foam and lumbar supports in.

In both seats, I found a piece of that rubbery trim that looks similar to the kind that goes around the door frames in the car, but unfortunately both pieces were either already knocked lose or else fell out while I was trying to detach the covers. So I have no idea where this bit goes back. It's probably(?) not necessary, but I'd like to keep it as original as possible. Anyone know?
I've tried googling, but didn't know what to google.

These cars are both '93 240's, if that helps.

Old Sega and Nintendo cartridges for scale in contemporary units for the late 80s/early 90s.

Click image for full size.

My guess is it goes here, right below the headrest mounting things:

But I don't know why it would. My other guess is it holds one of those pieces of 'tissue paper' type cloth stuff in place.

Am I right? Am I close?

I think you're right.

GR-74711_43.png

I think you're right.
(pic)
Haha, I never actually thought to look for a diagram of the internal seat construction.
I just assumed that Volvo didn't sell the internal components based on how ridiculous it was to get into, compared to most other non-blower-motor parts of the car.
Thanks. Ended up putting one there and the extra from the donor on the far end of my pic (the flat surface on top, pointing away from the camera).

That diagram is from an earlier model year, though, and it looks like the grids and spring attachment points differ. Probably this didn't change.

Back