• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Choice for wheel Banding?

Vambo

Hello all.

Just joined, from UK with a 240 Torslanda

Could anyone tell me the 16" wheel of choice for banding, I have looked at Mondeo rims but the offset is to much at 48ET

Thanks

What is banding?

A nice 16" Volvo wheel is the Galaxy or Gemini. A little hard to find but they are out there. Check out the wheel thread in showroom section.

What is banding?

A nice 16" Volvo wheel is the Galaxy or Gemini. A little hard to find but they are out there. Check out the wheel thread in showroom section.

guessing another wannabe-VW stretched tire fanatic....flipped or reversed rim I believe ...

see the Showroom section, search reversed wheels or something like that (yes, search works....use google)

A little Googling seems to reveal that 'banding' is adding width to the wheel only on the outside, giving it more poke. Looks like they do it mostly on steelies, so I guess any steel would be good, but we don't have any steel factory 16's in RWD backset. If you are doing alloys, factory choices would be Polaris, Hydra, maybe a couple others.

A little Googling seems to reveal that 'banding' is adding width to the wheel only on the outside, giving it more poke. Looks like they do it mostly on steelies, so I guess any steel would be good, but we don't have any steel factory 16's in RWD backset. If you are doing alloys, factory choices would be Polaris, Hydra, maybe a couple others.

If you flip 16in s60 steelies it makes them rwd offset, and they have a nice deep dish look. Not really sure if that's what the OP is going for though

Virgo, Eiker, Polaris, JPMK18, anything with a lip. 17x11 Polaris were neat.

112819918.jpg

A little Googling seems to reveal that 'banding' is adding width to the wheel only on the outside, giving it more poke. Looks like they do it mostly on steelies, so I guess any steel would be good, but we don't have any steel factory 16's in RWD backset. .

Adding to the outside would make it rwd offset with a 1 & 3/4 "to 2" section welded in.
Best of both worlds really, OE factory alignment and a nice wide wheel.

guessing another wannabe-VW stretched tire fanatic....flipped or reversed rim I believe ...

see the Showroom section, search reversed wheels or something like that (yes, search works....use google)

You Guess Wrong!

Thanks all, Banding is indeed adding a band into a steel wheel to make it wider, deeper etc, altough i am actually using 2 wheels to make one, ie the back of one onto the front of the other, making it just one weld to minimise alteration!

think its gonna have to be the Ford Mondeo steels with the centers moved back

love the rust 240, the wheels look awsome! where is this car???

Back