• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

project '82: 760 16VT swap (picture heavy)

Yes, thank you for your useful comments:-P Whaha

Meanwhile, my new billet flywheel has arrived.. accepts the 850R clutch (240mm)

PB263954.jpg

PB263955.jpg

Nice:)

PB263957.jpg

Anyone know how to make a see through bell housing?:oogle:

Last edited:
Ok, since there's time to work on the car again, I can finally address a few isuues...

1. Engine heater
Since starting on E85 is not that easy (although I managed to start it well below 0 deg C) I need an engine heater. In the first few miles it consumes fuel like crazy...
And, because 16V engine heaters from Volvo appear to be available only for later style freeze plugs, I bought myself a universal engine heater from Calix

I will be combining it with a B?hler/Webasto coolant pump (brushless, all sorts of safety features and pumps up to 600+ liters/hour) and hope that this will be very effective. This also means the interior will heat up when I switch on the blower motor.

PC213972.jpg

PC213970.jpg

2. Stop leaky rear wind shield.
I'm trying to get a newer style window for it when I'm at it. This however will not be finished this holiday I guess

3. Fix some rust issues
Every spot I can tackle is nice...

4. Install a aux-in thing then you put in ine with the antenna wire, so I can listen to mp3s without needing a new stereo
5. Maybe install the better door trim with the better speakers
6. Install new door mirrors, maybe since I like these and don't really need the heating part (so far)

Uhm....

The coolant pump a 220/240v? That'd be easiest I think

That would indeed be easy, but since I couldn't find it quick enough so I choose this one. Calix sells a 220V pump if you want but that costs a load of €€$$... I will use a 220V relay to switch the 12V from the battery, it's a small pump so that won't be a problem I guess.

Hey Philip

You got the engine heater installed already?
I guess it will bring down fuel consumption, you already have low consumption imo.
My 16VT took about 12 to 13l/100km on normal gas, and you run E85.

How about the M90 install?

Joris

You got the engine heater installed already?
I guess it will bring down fuel consumption, you already have low consumption imo.
My 16VT took about 12 to 13l/100km on normal gas, and you run E85.

How about the M90 install?

Heater still isn't installed yet, need a few hose clamps and some 20mm silicone hose.
But then again, not driving a lot at the moment (no short distances at least).

Ok, my fuel consumption isn't that bad I guess, then again your car had all the options and was heavier.

The M90 will go in pretty soon I hope, we'll see. Last week this arrived:

Stock Volvo 850R kit, original sachs part.

P1194035.jpg

P1194042.jpg

Now to find last bits n pieces and find time to swap it, I guess it's doable in a few hours with a few people.

Questions I have:
- What bolts should I use? What strength grade? 8.8/10.9/12.9?
- Are there special treatments for ''running in'' new flywheel and clutch to get maximum amount of lifespan/grip?

I am currently struggling with the toe-in/toe-out, but that will be sorted soon.

Also discovered the reason for the loss of performance of the car, it got worse by the day:wtf:

I did the EZk mod to change timing a bit because of the E85, but it appears this EZk doesn't respond good to this alteration. Without the mod it's a lot faster, more responsive etc.:)

And interior fan broke down, now fixing it since it appears to be a very useful option...

Last thing: I have decided to try and flip the centers on my 17' steelies myself after seeing the thread on how to do this. It appears to be pretty simple, all the tools needed are somewhere in the garage..

So how much did it total you to get those bits (for a M90 right?) shipped to the Netherlands, i'll be looking at my LH swap sooner than i though still need a flywheel

Ok, since the weather is getting better I can start to think about the upgrades I want to before the EU5.0 meet:)

BTW; in the mean time my PS pump died (leaking fluid) and the alternator/generator broke as well.. woohoo
But fixed both of them. All is well on the engine part.

The rear windshield is loose, I guess the glue stuff is too old by now. It is going to be refitted in a few weeks.

Also have the Multi-x wheels on it, looks much better now

P2254118.jpg

To do list for this summer:
- mount M90 with clutch and flywheel
- install PZ cams
- install 3' exhaust
- fix rust
- New front windshield
- Paint various stuff
- change door panels
- Fit wagon springs on the back
- Fit replacement dash
- New speakers
- Fit camber plates
- Fit new battery connectors and relays for headlight/foglights
- etc.

@Borrie: Flywheel from TTV was something like 240 GBP, clutch kit I forgot

Just for the info, it's running +/-15.0 AFR on cruise and 12.5-13.0 on boost (up to 6K+) on E85. The wideband isn't modified to show the correct AFR ratio for E85, it just makes lambda 1=14.7 so no lean running engine
So that's pretty good I guess (by just changing injectors and putting in 1K ohm in the amm wire).

Last edited:
Finally time to work on my car:)

Starting with removing the restrictive exhaust...

P7044224.jpg

Next to the new stuff (Summit bullet, 2 Simons mufflers)

P7044228.jpg

Driving with open downpipe it seems a lot more responsive on the throttle, hopefully mileage will also inmprove

Back