• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B20 engine and high rev lifter kit

i hope those blue valve retainers aren't aluminum

Can you expand on that ? I'm fairly certain they are. Do they have a reputation of failing ? This is meant to be the back up engine, and I still intend to run the first engine I prepped for this car when I get it back but in all honesty, this thing pulls well and is very smooth. It's a treat to drive.

The aluminum retainers are too soft for daily use. The springs have sharp edges from the manufacturing process and if they aren't carefully deburred, they can quickly wear into the aluminum retainer. Isky stopped selling them for Volvo engines and now sells chrome-moly retainers.

Let me know if you want a set. I can usually beat Summit's prices for Isky stuff.

eventually it will pull a valve through they also crack around the valve keepers,. 1980's technology . they are good for a few extra
hundred r.p.m. at the top of the range but i would get rid of them of a.s.a.p. i don't think they sell them at all anymore for any engine get the tool steel iskys good part good price

Last edited:
Back