• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740ti "bogging" feeling when accelerating

89_740Turbo

Hey everyone,

So I tried to do some Google searches and it just came up with a million threads and no real answer. The threads were outdated too so I wanted to see if any info has changed.

Essentially. when I up the boost on my 740Ti, while accelerating, the transmission feels like its "bogging". It only seems to happen when I turn the boost up. Its hard to explain. It seems like it happens when I'm in 4th gear driving around 3k rmp. If I let off the gas and drop the RPM down, it stops.

In 1st and 2nd gear, in traffic, it also does the same. thing. I read that it could be the O2 sensor or maybe fuel delivery? I don't encounter this issue when I have it stock PSI and I didn't even encounter this before when I first installed the MBC a while back.

I have TLAO chipped ECU in for the extra fuel. Is it my fuel injectors? Do I need bigger injectors for the chipped ecu and upped boost? For a moment I thought "crap, my transmission is going" but then I went on line and saw its not that and other people have encountered what I am dealing with.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated please. Really. I want to figure out whats going on so I can fix it.

More PSI, more sucking air into the turbo quicker faster old rubber intake hose isn't stiff enough plus it gets hot then it sucks shut. Common problem, not saying that is what it is, but could be. Usually it sucks shut and the car bucks and engine stops quick, it's not a gradual thing. Then let off gas and motor comes back.

More PSI, more sucking air into the turbo quicker faster old rubber intake hose isn't stiff enough plus it gets hot then it sucks shut. Common problem, not saying that is what it is, but could be. Usually it sucks shut and the car bucks and engine stops quick, it's not a gradual thing. Then let off gas and motor comes back.

After some detailed research into it by lifting the hood up and inspecting the intake, it is in fact very feeble and not as rigid as I had thought. That's probably it because I know the intake should be much stiffer and more firm then it currently is. Thanks. Bought a new intake pipe and will install to see if the issue is resolved.

LH 2.2 Boost Pressure Over-pressure switch? This switch will shut down the fuel pumps if the boost gets higher than the switch setting.

Back