• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B5254T 500hp + engine build

The whiteblock in the 960 is a 6 cylinder engine...

The 5 cylinder engine is rated at 153 kg or around 340 pounds. That is a dry weight and it holds like 6,2 liters or oil.

Roger that.

And for the 16v setup... how much?:oogle:

I need and engine. The stock na 8valves is crap for this :
536190Sanstitre.png

Is it possible to use a 6 cylinder turbo engine with a 30-43 transmission? How did you solve the issue of engine control, which eсu used?

Haven't used any because an automatic doesn't fit in to my interests, but it's possible. Don't know if it can take (much)over 400hp. At least not drag use. Friend did use one and it's a bit slow when shifting up from 1st and 2nd. If I remember correctly he had Megasquirt driving secondary injectors along stock Motronic 4.4. He broke the transmission pretty fast while doing 1/4 mile passes with under 400hp. When using only an aftermarcet ecu you'll need MegaShift, Suprastick or similar.

I've used stock 1.8 Motronic for both under 300hp turbo engines and different Megasquirt versions for the other two.

Haven't used any because an automatic doesn't fit in to my interests, but it's possible. Don't know if it can take (much)over 400hp. At least not drag use. Friend did use one and it's a bit slow when shifting up from 1st and 2nd. If I remember correctly he had Megasquirt driving secondary injectors along stock Motronic 4.4. He broke the transmission pretty fast while doing 1/4 mile passes with under 400hp. When using only an aftermarcet ecu you'll need MegaShift, Suprastick or similar.

I've used stock 1.8 Motronic for both under 300hp turbo engines and different Megasquirt versions for the other two.

Do you know a company that sells HBeam rods for the B6284T engine as well as forged pistons?

EDIT:// found these...

http://www.dli-teknik.se/index.php?...5&s1cat=756&s2cat=1596&showprod=16860&lang=en

Around $750 USD...

Last edited:
Do you know a company that sells HBeam rods for the B6284T engine as well as forged pistons?

EDIT:// found these...

http://www.dli-teknik.se/index.php?...5&s1cat=756&s2cat=1596&showprod=16860&lang=en

Around $750 USD...
As for rods:

Got mine from Maxspeedingrods through some local (Estonia, EU) reseller. Just under 400€ for a set of 6 including ARP 2000 bolts, supposedly balanced to +/- 1g across set (haven't weighed them myself yet), small ends need some honing but I guess that's usually the case. I've read they're pretty much decent so I'd get in touch with them directly to get a balanced set put together (mine came straigh from the manufacturer as they don't normally balance sets of 6 and it took about a month but hey).

Also there's ACM... though bit pricier. Also L-M-R and KL-Racing in sweden.

Hl6OPqjh.jpg

pVR6bPVh.jpg

Last edited:
As for rods:

Got mine from Maxspeedingrods through some local (Estonia, EU) reseller. Just under 400? for a set of 6 including ARP 2000 bolts, supposedly balanced to +/- 1g across set (haven't weighed them myself yet), small ends need some honing but I guess that's usually the case. I've read they're pretty much decent so I'd get in touch with them directly to get a balanced set put together (mine came straigh from the manufacturer as they don't normally balance sets of 6 and it took about a month but hey).

Also there's ACM... though bit pricier. Also L-M-R and KL-Racing in sweden.

Hl6OPqjh.jpg

pVR6bPVh.jpg

Thanks for the infos... $580 CAD for the Maxspeedingrods vs $880 CAD for the ACM... Are they worth the price difference?

In Russia it is very popular to use automatic aisin on Toyota for drag racing. And already quite a few cars are do 8-9 seconds with these transmissions. The Volvo has a very similar transmission, so I thought that it could be upgraded for use at high power.

You write that you are using the 1.8 mothronic for 300 hp cars. And how does this ECU understand that there is a boost? Or are you together with the standard ECU, use another megasquirt for the second row of injectors?

Holy hell, my wallet just squealed like a pig.

Thats the price to be paid to have a quality built rod. I'm not saying the China rods are bad, but if I'm investing my time and money into something I want a quality product. I'll be contacting them shortly to get started on my b6284t build, and I'll report back the details.

Thats the price to be paid to have a quality built rod. I'm not saying the China rods are bad, but if I'm investing my time and money into something I want a quality product. I'll be contacting them shortly to get started on my b6284t build, and I'll report back the details.
Because you are shooting for 1000+hp?

Back