• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where is your WB sensor?

Uncleknucklez

bruspeed
Where did you all mount your WB sensors for your aftermarket EMS?

I have a MS2 on my car now, and was thinking about exhaust leak potential issues.

Currently my AEM WB is about 36" from the turbo outlet, I have a bung right off the turbo for the NB o2 that LH24 used to use, Should I move the WB up front?

36" from the turbo outlet is probably good assuming that the turbine is not ridiculously far from the exhaust ports. Widebands need to be hot to operate; but, they need to be at a controlled temperature. Get the sensor too close to the exhaust turbine outlet and it may get hot enough that the the wideband controller may not be able to maintain the sensor element within the correct operating temperature range. Innovate sells (used to sell?) a heat sink for the sensor on their LC1 to help manage temperature control.

Tip pointing down, next to transmission in the horizontal piece of the downpipe. Cable loosely clamped per manual for reference air thru cable shielding. No apparent issues but never checked sensor temperature. Same sensor for a decade now.

Last edited:
Tip pointing down, next to transmission in the horizontal piece of the downpipe. Cable loosely clamped per manual for reference air thru cable shielding. No apparent issues but never checked sensor temperature. Same sensor for a decade now.

Thanks Guys, This is exactly where it is currently.

My main concern was the flex section in front of the sensor that scrapes on everything:roll: eventually that will be an exhaust leak and that will play hell with the setup. So it's just something I will have to be mindful of.

Likewise, about 50k miles on the same sensor here.

I use an LM1 on my kjet. I put the wb sensor on the vertical part of the downpipe. It's about 16-18 inches from the turbine outlet. The sensor is horizontal on the front side of the pipe. It's worked fine for many years now. Love your car!

Around 10" on the outer side of the girst bend. No heat shield and no problems with LC-1, MTX-L or AEM equivalent.

Back