• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1983 iPd Swagon wagon resto

Rmsims12

Somewhat new to tb. I lurk occasionally. I?ve owned lots of Volvos but never anything cool enough to share.
I bought the IPd Swagon in Minneapolis,MN this past weekend. Figured I?d start a thread for anyone interested in following along on its journey back to its former glorious self and some cool bits that came along with it. Needs quite a bit and isn?t in running condition (starts but overheats). I intend to restore it as close to the OG iPd build as I possibly can. Seems most of the original fun bits are still there, including the wheels which I?ll also restore.

I feel pretty lucky to own it. I?m told many have tried before me.
Any who have memories, history,questions, and knowledge of this car are also welcome to share!

I?d add pictures of the original build list but I can?t seem to get it to work. Have some learning to do, I suppose.

51759759048_12ff0ac8a2_n.jpg
51758678572_65b4746e39_n.jpg

51760170314_107e70d458_n.jpg

51759515866_5b342f9545_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well done! Nice to see this car is still around and has been scooped up by someone totally into repairing it. Wish you well with the swag wagon!

The overheating could be a simple thermostat, clogged radiator or as much as a bad head gasket.

Such a cool ride.

Last edited:
Awesome find! Always nice to see these fall into the right hands, I would love to see what his car look like after IPD finished at its original build.

Nice to see its mostly intact even the wheels! Minnesota!? Kinda funny where cars end up. Now where is Cameron's 242.....

Interestingly enough, the '85 744Ti they built up remained somewhat local. Saw it a few years ago driving around Bellevue, WA, with WA plates on it.

How's the restoration going? Just came across this thread- used to own it, looks like it's suffered since I sold it so hoping it's enjoying a revival. What a great ride.

Back