• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo B30, anyone make a crossflow head for it?

Mueller

I'm guessing not...I did a google search and couldn't find anything.

I was just wondering if there was an oddball tuner back in the day that had some custom heads cast for the straight 6?

Weslake did a few, incredibly rare, I guess it's possible they did a b30.

weslake_12.jpg

weslake_02.jpg

weslake_05.jpg

Can't these things hit 200ponies pretty easily with head ports and carbs? Why the work for crossflow?

All you need is two of those weslake heads. Cut the front chamber off of one, and the rear chamber off the other and weld'm up. That'd work woundn't it?

Borespacing is same as the Oh Haitch Sea motor so just 'cut-n-shut" a couple of B234 heads
I can sketch you up a deal to carve up to support the dangling end of the camshafts... Its just a little welding and surfacing..

Come on.... pent roof...central sparkie plugskies...300 n.a. horzepowerz.

Weslake did a few, incredibly rare, I guess it's possible they did a b30.

weslake_12.jpg

weslake_02.jpg

weslake_05.jpg

Nice head, but certainly not for a B20 without MAJOR work. Between the drive system for the cams, plus needing a way to block the block off where the pushrods would go, that would take some massive doing.

That said I would LOVE to see something like that on mine with a nice hairdryer on the side!:oogle:

Back